“Very Happy”

Sheraton Augusta Hotel
Ranked #16 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was very disappointed when we first checked in to this hotel. Had gone to Augusta to see our boys play Minor League Baseball and the only reason we chose this hotel was because it had an indoor pool. The pool was broken the first day and even though they offered the indoor pool next door I had two handicapped people with me. To our surprise the pool was fixed the next day. The hotel is beautiful, the people very professional yet personable. The room was very nice and loved the handicapped bathroom. Was great having a little area outside our door to relax with friends and play cards. We really enjoyed this place and will definitely go there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank marieregina
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Augusta Hotel

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Quick family getaway for the three day weekend...we had to take the family dog...the staff was wonderful. Front desk...housekeeping and the service in the restaurant was excellent. I was afraid the special room designated for pets would not be as clean as a regular room. I was wrong. The room was spotless. Beds were comfortable and stylish....my husband and children did not want to leave.

Room Tip: Use the indoor pool if you swim early morning....there are no bugs
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank deborah d
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We were here for an overnight stay for appointment in town. We had our service dog with us as well. Everyone was friendly & helpful. The rooms were clean & fresh..the cleaning lady "Janice " was fantastic !! The beds are very comfortable & the room was very quiet.. Much better than we have experienced in the past..

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed for two nights for a business trip. Nice hotel, obviously built recently. Good service at front desk. The room was spacious and decorated well. The happy hour available is a good touch. I didn't eat there myself but heard from other guests that the food was good. My only complaint has nothing to do with the hotel. Visitors to Augusta be warned: the cab fares are atrocious. It cost $50 to go 16 miles from the airport to the Sheraton.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed for six nights. Checkin was fine, but that's the last time I was greeted as I entered or exited the property. Maybe it's just me, but when a guest is obviously checking out, the person at the desk could at least look up and say "goodbye", "thank you" or even "safe travels". No such luck. Although the housekeeping staff was polite, they are obviously mismanaged. Twice we had to refuse service because they arrived after 3 pm and 5 pm. I paid with a combination of cash and Starwood points (mostly points). American Express is, in my opinion, known for its customer service. This Starwood hotel is a bad representation of AmEx, but a great example of what's wrong with customer service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ajack319
LHayesGeneralManager, General Manager at Sheraton Augusta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us.I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback which was provided to us via your Satisfaction Survey concerning your most recent stay. We at the Sheraton Augusta strive to provide our guests with a superior experience through our product and services. Insight such as yours will only aid us in attaining our goals and for this I thank you. Through each comment we receive, both positive and negative, we are able to seek knowledge and growth to better serve our guests. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, it is truly appreciated and I will be sure to share it with my colleagues. I am sorry again that your stay was not as enjoyable as anticipated, but hope you do provide us another chance when staying in Augusta.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

After all the places I have stayed in Augusta, now I know where every 8 weeks I can be comfortable, safe and well treated. Mega clean, ultra modern furniture, a reward (1000 pts or $5 vending use) if you don't need room cleaned/changed. I just traded out towels with housekeeping and emptied trash. Pet friendly to boot. Nice food selection, calamari was wonderful. Can't say enough about this place, 10 stars from me on this trip!!!

Room Tip: Had a king on 4th floor, wonderful
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank P M
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My girlfriend and me are in a long distance relationship til we can get both of our jobs lined up and Augusta is half way for both of us. We have stayed here several times. In fact this is the only place I stay when in Augusta. We have always had excellent service and we are on our way this weekend even.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple