“Could Be Better”

Ranked #16 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Snellville, Georgia
“Could Be Better”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is a fairly new property. It's well maintained. The rooms are small for the price and they have no refrigerators or microwaves in the rooms. Being that this is supposedly a luxury hotel, you would think the amenities would be better. The staff are always professional, even if they aren't able to accommodate your needs. I met a few celebrities that were staying here when I visited on several occasions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ethan B, Manager at Sheraton Augusta Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We look forward to seeing you on your next stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times and most recently over the Memorial Day weekend. The service is EXCELLENT. The GM, Leslie is awesome and from the moment you step through the doors, it’s very evident that the team has been trained well. Everyone is professional and very friendly. The entire hotel is very clean and it smells really good. Our room was immaculate. The hotel looks fresh and modern. This is our preferred hotel whenever we travel anywhere close to Augusta. This hotel is a great location, right off the highway. All the restaurants are close by or you can dine in, the food is very good. Thank you SAH for another wonderful experience.

Room Tip: There is no bad room location. Club level is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ethan B, Manager at Sheraton Augusta Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your awesome review! We look forward to welcoming you back!
NC
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The only downside of staying here is that the in-room wifi is not free. Other than that, everything was top-notch. It's also very convenient to I-20 & many area restaurants. It has a Steakhouse in the hotel, but we didn't eat there. I would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to mention that our Wireless Internet is indeed complimentary throughout our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel presented me with a first class experience and superb customer service during my stay. The entire hotel was spotless, and well appointed. The staff made the stay a very enjoyable experience. My room was on the club level and was excellent with a comfortable king size bed, ample work space as well as a comfortable chair for relaxing, and very good climate control. The room also contained a safe. The room was spacious and well decorated and contained a bathroom with a great shower stall and plenty of towels. The club level had a very nice breakfast in the commons area as well as other refreshments around the clock. The check in experience was great and done in a fast efficient manner by a very professional, and welcoming staff member who promptly gave me all the information that I would need to know regarding the hotel and what it offered. The reason for my stay here was the fact that my wife was in a local hospital. On the last day of my stay I was put in a tight position as we were informed, by the doctors, that my wife "might" be released that day. The doctors could not give a time of release and that put me in the predicament of having to decide whether to check out of the hotel and then finding out that my wife would not be released that day (my reservations were for five more days). I explained my problem to the staff member at the desk and she told me that they could extend the time period that I had before I decided whether to stay or depart. They extended the checkout time, if needed, to four in the afternoon. Finally at two in the afternoon we were informed that my wife would indeed be released from the hospital shortly. I returned to the hotel to check out and express my thanks to the staff for their support during this stay. Frankly, they did more to help me out than I had a right to expect. Individual staff members expressed an interest in my wife's condition and treated me as warmly as possible. I have stayed in many hotels and this experience was at the top of all the good experiences that I have ever enjoyed. My next hotel stay in Augusta will be at the Sheraton where I feel that the staff has my best interests at heart.

Charles:

On behalf of my entire staff I thank you for your excellent feedback of our hotel. We take pride in providing only the best accommodations and services to our travelers. Please feel free to connect with me on your future stays to Augusta.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I've never been a big fan of Sheratons, so you need to know that this colors my opinion going in. (Just not a fan of the color schemes and soap/shampoos - probably a silly reason not to like them.) Anyway, the hotel is very new, very clean, and smells really good. The smelling really good is fine as long as you have no asthma/breathing issues. If you do, you could have a reaction. (My mom stopped by the room and did. She has reactive airways disease.) I was fine and enjoyed how clean it smelled. The room we had (standard) was VERY small. I will give Sheraton credit for making good use of the space with a narrow table for the TV and tiny desk. The odd part was that there is no closet - just an armoire - and the bathroom is very tiny with two french doors that close into the room and one hits the toilet. The sink has practically no counter space, making it difficult to get ready. The lighting in the bathroom is in the mirror and very difficult for make-up application. Getting ready in the room was not an option as the only mirror was a full length one with terrible lighting (a portrait light mounted above it). The beds were very comfortable and we slept well. Overall, I would stay here again but it probably wouldn't be my first choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel. The back side backs to an apartment/condo building a...
1 Thank BethNJ
Ethan B, Manager at Sheraton Augusta Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Beth:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am disappointed to see that you were not completely comfortable in your room. I hope that you will give us another chance to welcome you the next time you are in Augusta.

Georgia
Reviewed May 12, 2013

It seems to be a new place. The staff was cordial. The rooms were plenty big. They have a bar/restaurant downstairs. All in all ok. They would do better offering a free breakfast. They did have free WiFi. On Washington Road not too far from the I-20 exit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ethan B, Manager at Sheraton Augusta Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind words! We appreciate the feedback and hope to welcome you back soon!
Maysville, Kentucky
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Facility is fine for the money. The attitude of the front staff is cold. I called the hotel prior to our stay to work out a detail. After being on hold twice for 10 minutes each, the call concluded with no resolution. During our visit, the front desk was less than helpful with rooming questions. As a SPG member, it was a disappointment, especially in Augusta during Master's week. Just did not seem to care about the customer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ethan B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Augusta Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay with us. I am so disappointed to hear that your experiences at our hotel did not meet your expectations. We strive to uphold the highest standards at our hotel and your experience certainly did not meet those expectations. We want to provide a warm and welcoming stay for all of our guests. I have brought your concerns to the attention of my Assistant General Manager so that she may further investigate. Please feel free to connect with me or any member of our team if you have any further questions.