“Excellant Location”

Ranked #55 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Savannah, Georgia
“Excellant Location”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently and had a wonderful time. This hotel is in a great location and has a friendly staff. The lobby is nicely decorated and furnished. Arthur at the front desk was the most polite and courteous front desk attendant I have ever encountered. While we did not use the indoor pool on this trip we did view it and it was very clean as was the expansive atrium where it is located. Our room was large, very clean and had a beautiful view of downtown Augusta and Broad Street. Everywere we wanted to go was within easy walking distance so once we parked we did not move our car again until we checked out. My wife and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oliver G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tybee Island, Georgia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The "music" (e.g. drum beats) from the "lounge" on the top of the hotel vibrated into my room and the "band" was still going at 3AM when I was there on a Friday night....can't tell you about Saturday because I moved to another hotel. After repeated attempts, including when I checked out, I have yet to receive a credit for the night when I got very little sleep. The manager has refused to return my calls.
I assume that the owner of the hotel is trying to make up for his terrible occupancy rate by operating a night club to generate some income - which just further diminishes his hotel.
I am a supporter of "downtown" hotel but feel like I made a bad mistake on this one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Augusta hotels

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel while celebrating a special birthday! We were overly impressed by the courteous and gracious owner and staff. The epitome of southern hospitality! We were made to feel like royalty. Whatever we needed, they delivered! We are repeat visitors to this property. We have always been pleased with our stay. It is in an extremely convenient section of Broad Street. Many wonderful restaurants and event venues are located within walking distance. We have plans to schedule future visits, fun weekend get-always and parties in the future! Must check out!! You will be glad you did!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberly B
kcmo
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Well, first, let me just start by saying that this particular hotel has been enjoyed by some of the worlds' greatest pro golfers, distinguished individuals and VIP's over the last few decades. Located on Broad Street, in the heart of old-town Augusta, the lobby boasts a cozy elevated TV parlor, a large open foyer and, during Master's week, a well-stocked cash bar that opens daily at 9am. The huge indoor pool and atrium is spotless and inviting at any time, day or night. Ample parking and a well-lit lot, including a drive-up entrance were all welcome surprises to me. The room was a King single and it was clean, fresh and the microwave and fridge were another key amenity that I so enjoyed use of with my busy schedule. Three elevators in the front lobby eliminated even ONE wait for a lift up. There is a fellow there by the name of Mr Arthur, and he is probably the nicest, most accommodating Concierge/Asst Manager/Front Desk staffer I have ever incurred. Miss Cathy at the front will bring a smile to your face, as well. BJ's restaurant featured numerous home-cooked specials and The Eagles Nest, roof-top lounge, is a guaranteed good time with an EPIC view of Augusta. The rate was more than reasonable. But again, the service and elegance of this age-old hotel was unforgettable. I would suggest this as the prefect spot to call home, whether for the Master's Golf event, a work stay or for an enjoyable getaway amidst a real-life historical gem.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank crazy john b
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Ok here we go!

We were going to Augusta for a wedding and got to the hotel about 5 and stop at the front to check in. I have a printed out confirmation and hand it to the Desk clerk and he has trouble finding our reservation....finally finds it....and puts us on the 9th floor, out of 13, which houses their lounge.

We get our bags and grab luggage cart and the girls and I go up -- in an elevator with the lights flickering.....My husband takes the car around and notes there are maybe 5 vehicles in the parking lot.

We get to the room, and it was very obvious the room, until made up for us, hadn't been used in a while. No air on, the bedspreads all wrinkled.....just icky looking. We turned in the ac and it worked well. We try to open the closet and the side that was supposed to open didn't, and the other side just barely did, so we could just barely hang up our wedding clothes.

There were four of us on the reservation and only three towels in the bathroom, 2 coffee cups and four glasses; but there was a toiletry set.

The hotel did have free wi-fi.

We got ready and went to the rehearsal dinner....got back around 10, and the downtown night life was cranking up. Parked in the now three car parking lot and hurried inside, since several young men were cutting thru the parking lot.

When we got upstairs, we could hear a band especially well and thought it was coming from outside. Turned the air up higher and it kinda dulled the noise. We both woke up about 3 -- the band was still going strong! the air went off and we turned it back on -- finally went back to sleep around 4.....woke up at 8 am.

Went to make coffee and didn't have enough to make for all of us, so my husband went downstairs and the front desk lady came back up with him and they went into another room on our floor to get a bigger coffee maker. Matt said they went into two rooms and neither were made up.

We eat our poptarts and granola bars and drink our coffee, get ready and watch TV until time to check out. As we get Into the elevator, we noticed the floor is wet....and my college girl identifies it as some type of alcoholic beverage. At this point, I'm just glad that's all it was.

We check out and see the groom's uncle checking out....and compared stories with him later. He was two floors below us and heard no band...this is when we realized the hotel's own lounge was keeping us awake!

The whole hotel just felt icky dirty and dark. I will never recommend it to anyone....

Room Tip: Find another hotel.