WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #50 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Jacksonville, Florida
“Business Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

This hotel was a good choice for me. I decided to try something different and explore downtown while I was in Augusta on a business trip. The staff was very pleasant, the room had a great bed and cable T.V. with ESPN and tons of other channels. Most places I have stayed at only have a limited number of stations so I was very happy with my room. The room was very clean, fresh, and had a wonderful view of downtown Augusta.
There was a penthouse level lounge with a very nice bartender who made great mojitos with fresh mint!
I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask fir a room on the upper floors facing the river for the best views
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Jordan M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

When I made reservations no one never explained that only some rooms come with a microwave and refrigerator even though I mentioned I was traveling with a small child. The reservation clerk mentioned that we get breakfast but failed to tell us that the restaurant is closed on weekends. The rooms were small and had a dingy smell.

In order to watch T. V. you had to sit between the beds because the cabinet wouldn't open all the way.

There were not I've machines on all the floors. We were awaken several times by loud salsa music throughout the night, not to mention constant train horns during the night. I talk with customer service after I first checked in and they pretty much told me sorry but you'll have to make the best of it.

Also the bathroom toilet had hair around the toilet. Run!!!! Run as fast as you can!!!!

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Willcb
AUgusta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

Had family gathering. Was real nice and had a great time. Looking forward to our next re-union there.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Pessi F
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

Real nice folks. Had a comfortable and relaxed stay at this Ramada. Rooms were nice, comfortable and clean. Had a good view of the city from high up and was able to walk all around downtown area. I look forward to staying there again next time I'm down south.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank Mendel F
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

My high school class just held it's 50th class reunion at this location. Everything about it was perfect for our reunion. The staff was unbelievable in going the extra mile for our group. The venue for the reunion /party was exceptional. A good number of us stayed over night and continued the reunion over a great southern style breakfast in the dining room. The rooms were very clean and comfortable.I give this hotel an A+ If your travels take you to Augusta, this is a good find.

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor looking at the river. Great view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank LaVon F
Pat B, Manager at Ramada Augusta Downtown Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thank you for your kind words. We are very happy that you found our food and accommodations to be very good. We do hope that when your travels bring you back to our area, you will choose our Ramada again.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed in this hotel recently. We enjoyed this stay very much. The rooms were clean and comfortable and i slept like a log. It's located in the heart of downtown Augusta within walking distance of all kinds of restaurants and shops. Also, real close to the river where we took a nice long stroll. Look forward to my next visit in this hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floors offer a great view of the city.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank LucyF12
Pat B, General Manager at Ramada Augusta Downtown Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate your business and hope you will return again soon.
Greenville, SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel has a lot of potential. It is an older hotel and is dated, but has a great downtown location. I had concerns about this hotel based upon other reviews, but the room I stayed in was actually clean. It was small and in need of updating, and I had to plug my cellphone in the bathroom to charge as there were no electrical outlets I could find that weren't already full. The bed was not that comfortable, but fortunately for me my back did not hurt the next day as it often does after sleeping on older beds. The lounge has great views, but is very dark and dreary. If the rooms and lounge were updated, this could be a great addition to Augusta.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. Eventhough we are an older property, it is our goal to have every guest leave having had a positive experience. Thank you for your positive response concerning the cleanliness of the room. I am surprised about the comment on the comfort of the bed because all of our beds were replaced with Serta 5 star hotel series beds less than one year ago. The lounge does have a great view and was just recarpeted a week ago. Along with the addition of some new furniture.