“Absolutely Perfect”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Our son was involved in a serious accident in Augusta. My wife and I spent six weeks in this hotel during Dec 2009 and Jan 2010 which, although about 5 miles away, is convenient to the Georgia Medical Center roadwise. This hotel is immaculate and very well managed. Breakfast was excellent with a variety of choices. The personnel; front desk, housekeeping, maintenance and breakfast, could not do enough for us. I have traveled worldwide professionally for many years and I would rate this hotel better than most of its kind. We will be back here on our next visit to Augusta!.... Larry & Pati Litchfield, Laconia, NH

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed January 18, 2010

I have stayed at other Comfort Suites and I must say that this was one of my best experiences ever. From the friendliness of the front desk staff when I arrived to the politeness of the housekeeping staff when I passed in the halls. I was quite impressed with the cleanliness of the lobby and my room was spotless. I cannot wait to visit again and this property will be my home whenever I travel to Augusta.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2009

This is a typical Comfort Suites hotel, with a couple of gotchas! The room was comfortable, but the sound carries between rooms -- on one side someone left their TV on all night, and on the other side we could hear someone talking on the phone as though they were in our room with us.

And beware if you are placed in a room on the lobby end of the hotel -- trucks are rolling in and out of the Pilot Truck Stop all night long. Run the fan on the HVAC unit to help drown out the noise . . . .

We'll try another place next time we travel this route.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2009

I understand the hotel has hired a new management company and I can already see the differences. Much improved. rooms were clean and staff was engaging. The new company has made a believer out of me. Keep up the good work. Will definately be staying here in future.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Please Iask any Cambridge students tostay away from the Comfort Inn in Augusta on I-20. Several students along with myself had our rooms given away, inspite the fact that we had previous reservations. The manager John refused to call and return calls. I think this is terrible service and disrespect to all students.Many students came from afar and found out later they had no rooms. I am going to let Cambridge know that all of us are seroius about not giving them our services. I know for sure I won't duetothe fact that our rooms were given away. What a way tolose money. It wasn't to us. We had to try and found other hotels for the weekend. What will thye do when we stop going. I am asking that Cambridge do the right thing and not block out any rooms from this hotel again. I know the students are furious. I won't even reccommend this hotel to anyone else. I will let Cambridge know what has happen. Then they took the rates up from where Cambrdige had it set. I hope everyone who reads this and hada mind to stay there changes their mind and go to other hotels in the area. I know I won't be staying there anymore. Thumbs down to this hotel. Just don't ask for John, because he is a liar and doesn't returns call.I appreciated Miguel, Patrick and Ina, because they all tried to help. Sorry John is a part of this team. What a shame. John needs to move on, and by the way when thye called and he told them there were no more room,guess what there were rooms available. John is a LIAR and COWARD!! I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank charming48
Reviewed August 3, 2009

My husband and I, along with some friends, stayed one night at this hotel while in Augusta. We needed the basics - a place to sleep and shower. The hotel is fairly new so the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. It was also very quiet. We didn't have any trouble but our friends had to be moved twice before receiving an acceptable room. Their first room had a broken sofa bed and the second room had obviously been smoked in (even though it's supposedly a smoke free hotel). We didn't eat breakfast there so I can't comment on that. While the front desk clerks were very friendly they didn't seem to be that well organized. There were some shady characters hanging out outside of the hotel during our stay but I know there's not much the hotel can do about that.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2009

I was in Augusta last week. My friend recommended brand new comfort suites on river west exit 200 of I 20. It was a beautiful, brand new and well decorated property.

However, It was highly mismanaged. "A handsome man with no soul". They advertise complimentary B/F but when we got there in the morning for the B/F there was no food.
Because they dint get the supply I guess. The lady attendant was very nice she tried her hard to arrange something from the kitchen. She cooked meat balls. But there was no muffins, no donuts, no food at all. When I asked the front desk about the manager they said she was out of the town. The front desk was so rude. The whole staff was so loud. The housekeepers and front desk staff was trying to grab whatever food was left. I was amazed by looking at all this nonsense. They are aliens they don't care.

Eventually, I was able to reach the manager the next day. When i told her about the incidence she said "we have no problem about the food". She was so rude and wasn't ready to believe me. She was trying to prove that i was lying.

If comfort suites keeps hiring this kinda stupid managers and staff they will loose the reputation, that they have. Me and my wife will definitely not come to this hotel again and recommend the same to others.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business