“Good Location but....”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This was an okay hotel. However, I was awakened at 5AM both mornings of my stay by a number of dogs barking which lasted 2-3 hours. Very annoying. There was also a foul stench/odor in the hallway that also traveled into my room. The very bright red lights on the phones came on at random times throughout the day and night and would not go off. I ended up unplugging the phones just to get darkness.

There are no numbers listed in the rooms on how to contact the front desk to request anything. This hotel is not supposed to have pets but I saw a customer exit the room with a dog. The space between the head of the bed and the wall was filthy with hair and dust as well as other things and the sink was clogged (slow to drain).

If you choose to stay at this hotel, be sure to request a room on any floor except the 1st floor and on the side facing the other hotels and parking lot. Be aware that if you want a good nights sleep, it may not be possible here at this location so keep your hotel options open.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay at this hotel, be sure to request a room on any floor except the 1st floor and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Amari_07
Eric T, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay, as many other guests have had wonderful experiences!

While we do not allow personal pets, service animals are permitted, as mandated by federal law.

I will certainly look into getting phone information cards for the rooms; however, the international standard is to dial "0" for front desk/reception.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Fabulous place to stay very clean and all the staff are amazing - Front desk staff when I checked in extremely helpful and it was the end of his shift! Laura Chambers and Mallory Coody were so wonderful and pleasant looking after my every needs.
Rooms very clean and spacious- cleaning staff super kind and personable!
FABULOUS Manager's reception tonight - lots of great food and drinks!!! Loved the Pecan Tarts thanks a million AnthonyCamp you are certainly in the right business very personable and so kind!
Love the little extras from the free bottled water and crackers - the staff think of everything to make my stay memorable - what a gem of a place to stay!!!!

Room Tip: stay tuesday and wednesday and enjoy the managers reception!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

I'm so glad you mentioned our wonderful staff members by name. I will be sure to pass along your note. Our manager's reception always is a delight for our guests, and I'm glad you were able to take part. Please stay with us again!

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

I have to say I have no complains about this place. From the time we checked in till the time we left everything was great. Service was excellent, room was perfect and breakfast was kept replenished and very good I must say. My girls enjoyed the late night swim and it was very relaxing. Cant wait to come back.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

I'm so glad you had such an enjoyable stay. The weather is getting warmer, which means the pool will be even more refreshing next time you stay with us. Thanks so much!

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Absolutely Outstanding. Clean and well maintained.Great military rate for a TDY to Ft Gordon. I stayed three nights. Certainly the highlight of the visit was the superior service at the Managers Reception by Anthony Camp. He is a great ambassador for the hotel and is personally the reason I would come back to this hotel when in the area again.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in a room facing 'the front' of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

I'm so glad you got to enjoy in our amenities and meet our wonderful staff. I will be sure to pass your note along to Anthony. Thanks for staying at Comfort Suites Augusta!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were warmly welcomed the minute we stepped into the lobby. Our room is clean, bright and fresh. Free wi-fi, fridge and microwave are available. The best part was the manager's reception with the very nice and hospitable Anthony Camp. This hotel is as good as it gets in our book.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DMW555
Eric T, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Thanks for choosing Comfort Suites for your stay! I will be sure to pass along your note to Anthony. We strive to provide all of our guests with superb accommodations and I'm happy to hear you were pleased. Come back and see us!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I had reservation for Comfort Suites on by Expedia/AARP on April 7,2014.I was call by Lauren[manager] @ Comfort Suites that there was a over booking of rooms and i lost out April 25 with no lodging,leaving me without a hotel room for 4-26-14 due to Expedia not booking properly with Comfort Suites.But think God for Lauren,she work hard at trying to get me room at another hotel and eventually ended up getting me a room @ her Hotel in the end after 2 days of hard work on her part .I was given a discount and great room with basket full of treat,Staff was excellent ,and even though she wasn't at Hotel follow thru to make sure i was taken care and was satisfy with my room and comfort.I can't remember the last time i got fantastic customer service making me feel important and caring..Great work Lauren and thanks for everything.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong staying at this Hotel,Make your reservation directly with Hotel instead of go...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

I'm so glad we were able to get you a room in the end. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Laura. We strive to provide all of our guests with the utmost courtesy and respect. It is our daily mission to please you. We hope you stay with us again!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We received outstanding service from Anthony Camp, Synethia Jones, and Laura who works at the front desk. They were very accommodating when we requested services. We appreciated the fact that they all were professional, personal, and demonstrated superior customer service.

As a result of our satisfaciton, we will be retuning as guests in July 16-20. The room rates and cleanliness of the hotel met our expectations. We are grateful for such outstanding service and each of these employees are to be commended for their dedication to Comfort Inn Suites.

Ivan Lowe

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for leaving a review, and mentioning our courteous staff members by name! I will be sure to pass along your kind words. We appreciate you booking another stay with us, and look forward to seeing you again. It is our pleasure to accommodate you to the best of our ability!