“"Great Augusta find for the time"”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“"Great Augusta find for the time"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

First time I have stayed in Augusta for a Masters practice round, I normally stay closer to Atlanta. Had some apprehensions in booking this hotel thru an online site based on a few reviews? I must say, I was pleasantly surprised and greatly satisfied, front desk personnel very helpful. Wife put it on the list for future visits to Augusta. The bed was comfortable, room was clean and updated. This was one of the best 3-star hotels I've stayed. In fact its condition was better than some of the 4-Stars. We only heard a barking dog a couple of times early in the evening, which was not a problem. The grab & go bags (water, fruit & snack bar) was a great little customer service touch.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Shikha J, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We are delighted that you had a wonderful time with us in Augusta! Our friendly staff, breakfast options, comfy beds are some of many things that we do to exceed expectations.

We appreciate your feedback. It serves as motivation for our team. It would be our pleasure to serve you in the future.

Kindly,

The Comfort Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here the night before attending a practice round of The Masters at Augusta National. The entire staff was friendly, outgoing and extremely helpful. Every worker we encountered from the check in to the breakfast "hostess" was friendly and would ask if everything was ok, how was our room, etc.
When we checked in we were happy to learn that they host an evening reception with appetizers and drinks. Our teenage sons were "starving" from our long car trip and this was an excellent surprise.
I had read several reviews that mention the pet hotel next door. We stayed near the front of the hotel on the second floor and did not hear a thing. (we did meet a couple in the lobby that mentioned the barking dogs - request a room up front). Our room was clean and bright. The bathroom was clean and the shower had great water pressure.
If we ever get the chance go back to The Masters, we will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Shikha J, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you and your sons had a wonderful time during your stay with us in Augusta. The Comfort Team of Augusta strives to provide excellent customer service. We are motivated because we feel pride in serving you.

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to serving you next year!

Warm Regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Picked this hotel based on other reviews and wasn't disappointed. Great convenient location, quiet and safe. Arrived very early and kept our fingers crossed that they would let us check in. Front desk girls were very helpful, friendly and best of all let us check in early! Thank you. Later in the evening saw at least three youth basketball teams check in. Mental note get up early or there will be no breakfast. Over slept but breakfast staff was doing her best to keep it stocked.
Room was great! Clean, roomy and beds were so comfy!

Shikha J, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for your response. It is our goal to provide the best quality experience for our guests. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Your comments about breakfast are surely noted. We appreciate your feedback - it is the only way for us to perform better.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate it!

Duluth, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

First, there were two items of displeasure; one minor, one major:
The Major irritant-
IF you choose this hotel, be sure to ask if they have corrected the barking dogs problem emanating from "Th Animal House" at 2917 (next door). Barking dogs are are a nuisance at best when they occasionally bark. But a continuous multi-dog barking at all hours of the day and night (particularly when one wants to sleep) is TOO much! We went out to eat and got back at 8.40-8.45p. The dogs were barking. We watched TV for a couple of hours, the dogs were at it. We went to bed at 10.30 and the cacophony was still heard - but others had joined in. At 04.30a, waking up for a trip to the bathroom found the dogs still at it. Waking up at 07.00a, yep, you guessed it! This will eventually hurt this motel's business as we were only one of a few complaints Saturday morning and I'm sure there were more on other days as well.
The Minor irritant -
When i received my invoice there was an innocuous $1.00 extra charged for "other" tax. I asked the front desk gentleman what that was and who might be the recipient of the "other tax" he didn't know but would find out and call and let me know. I may hear from him when I get home. If this is legitimate, it should be included as a tax and as such on the reservation form as (probable) total night's charges, and not try to sneak in some hidden fee to gouge the guest. Note that I did not accuse the hotel of that, only that it should have been spelled out on the invoice and not some stealth extra slapped on. The $1.00 charge is not the point; it is the principle of the matter.
Now - The good:
Excellent room with comfy bed and clean as a pin; towels fresh, good shower, etc. What you'd expect from a nice, upper-tier motel;
Clean exterior, no visible papers flying around the parking lot,
Coffee for the tired travelers, etc.
Courteous check-in (and I asked for a room away from the highway so that I could get a good night's sleep as I am a very light sleeper. Little did I know. -See: First major irritant.. If this fellow was aware of the potential noise emanating from this animal pandemonium he should have said so, but perhaps he, too, may have been unaware, or forgot to mention it.
Finally, as good a traveler's breakfast as you will find even at more expensive hotels.
All in all I can't ding this hotel for something they have little control over (other than to file a formal complaint for the noise), nor would I tell anyone NOT to stay there. The "other" tax notwithstanding is a moot point.
I do recommend it but personally I would not stay there again until I was sure I could get any room that the barking dogs' bark could not penetrate.
We have 5 more business trips planned for Augusta in 2013 so we shall see.

1 Thank GwinnettTraveler
Shikha J, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. It helps us move forward. Thank you.

I understand your concern about the dogs. We have been working with the owner of the kennel to get a sound proof system installed. And, we have also made efforts to accommodate guests based on their preferences. The $1 transportation tax is Augusta's tax for our city's public transport system.

Again, we appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again and thank you in person!

Kind Regards,

Conyers, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We ran into bad weather and after 12 hours of driving thru rain we decided that we just couldn't make the last 2 hours home. We arrived looking like extras from a Zombie film and where literally ushered to our rooms by a very kind front staff. the check-in was a blur but the breakfast the next morning was excellent and even thought the stop was unexpected we were very appreciative of the service.

We normally wouldn't stay in Augusta living so close, but if you need a place to stay this one will do nicely.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Shikha J, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. At Comfort Suites Riverwest, we care about delivering quality. Whether it be breakfast, housekeeping room service, directions, a sauna, or an exercise facility, we strive to make your experience the best it can be.

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your positive feedback.

Warner Robins, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

After reading the reviews, I was expecting much more in terms of cleanliness and appeal. I was sorely disappointed. First the Pros: Very clean lobby, dining area, hallways, etc. This is usually par for the course, because hotels know the importance of first impressions. My first impressions were good, based on that. The girl at reception was very friendly and sociable. I would like to have given her kudos, however, she didn't have a name badge on for me to identify her. (this was strange, as usually in most professions, a name badge is part and parcel of your uniform) In any event, she was a great ambassador for the hotel, because she was very appealing and sweet. The room (103) was nice and large for a hotel in this range, and the bathroom was great. Very big, and roomy, with no door touching the toilet seat like other hotels I have gone to in the past. LOTS of towels and wash cloths, which is very appreciated no matter how many people are staying in the room. These were nice towels, not thin and threadbare, but very nice. The beds were comfortable, the tv a nice flat screen, lots of room for people with laptops to do their thing, with plenty of hook up areas in the room to connect them. The wireless internet worked great, with my son saying it was pretty good for a hotel! The water pressure and temperature in the shower was absolutely fabulous, and the shower was refreshing. Wish Comfort would go with the wall mounted soap dispensers. One bar of soap to share that is the size of a pack of gum is a bit cheap. The shampoo bottle...the same thing. Not enough. If you want more, you have to go ask for some. I like Hilton's solution to this, by the wall mounted system. Clean and efficient. Now...the cons. I am a nit picker about cleanliness. Dust bunnies must have taken up residence on the ceiling throughout this room. This hotel was not up to par to me in this area. In fact, Housekeeping needs to be retrained or reminded this is the hospitality industry, and so many competitors are after your money. Why did I mention housekeeping? Here is my running tally.
1. Had to call front desk about an inoperative light in the bathroom. The bulb was just laying inside the globe, ineffective, because it was not the right bulb for the light fixture!? Really? How long was it like this and no one noticed? No one noticed because? The man who came to fix it, however, was very pleasant, and quick.
2. The bed comforters. Why Comfort decides to continue to use these nasty things in this decade is beyond me. Most inns offer triple sheeting, which allows for CLEAN beds each and every time. I don't like covering myself with someone else's bodily fluids, hairs, or anything else. We take them off as soon as we hit the room. These two particular ones had stains on them, as did the carpet in the aisle by the front door.( a BIG one there)
3. The window had greasy face marks from a child looking out the window. This ensures me that no one looked, and therefore it wasn't cleaned between visitors.
4. The refrigerator. It has a huge ball of ice on the back wall, resembling an iceberg. It won't cool our drinks down, because it won't work, as it has never been defrosted. I brought sodas and hoped to cool them down when we went to eat. They are still hot 4 hours later.
5. The parking lot. We saw a broken bottle by the entrance sign. Also, a contractor has his truck pulled with a trailer in front of our room, occupying about ten parking spaces. Nice.
We stayed at the adjacent Baymont Inn in the spring of last year, and it was a delightful place to stay. So clean, so efficient, and definitely a better experience than Comfort Suites has been for us. With so many other choices available in this price range, (I used points this time) Comfort is not in the running for me. I would choose HGI, Baymont or even West Bank Inn instead.

Shikha J, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It is this kind of feedback that helps us move forward. Every word, idea, and opinion you shared is going to be analyzed thoroughly. Our progress based on your feedback will be monitored continuously. Thank you for your time and effort. We at Comfort always strive to improve the quality of our service.

Without a doubt, your feedback will help us. Thank you.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were great, beds were extremely comfortable. Suite had good amenities. Staff was friendly and helpful. But breakfast was awful. Very limited selection, not even sure what eggs were.
i've had same experience at other Comfort Inn hotels. Great accomodations but food not good.

• Stayed February 2013
Shikha J, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. Because of your feedback, we are going to provide a larger assortment of healthy breakfast items to our guests. We are dedicated to quality and committed to improving our services.

We appreciate your feedback, have taken it to heart, and plan to do something about it.

- The Comfort Team