“Authentic German Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Europa

Villa Europa
Ranked #45 of 491 Restaurants in Augusta
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are family owned and run since 1974, much pride and labor goes into the making of our food everyday. We want you to feel welcomed and comfortable here, we call that Gemütlichkeit. We welcome you to come in, relax and allow us to give you some time to enjoy a good meal at a reasonable price in a relaxed atmosphere. There is nothing more enjoyable than a good dining experience, and we would love to provide that for you. Anneliese, Pat and all the staff work very hard to make you experience wonderful. If ever we fail, please let us know.
Aiken, SC
“Authentic German Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

If you want real German cuisine, visit here. They have great sausages for those with more of an American palate but the real treasures are the traditional German meals: sauerbraten, schnitzel, and rouladen. Have the German salad and the Bavarian fritters. And don't start pretending you will resist the deserts!

• Visited September 2011

North Augusta, South Carolina
“Great German food but much, much more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

Villa Europa was my anniversary surprise this year. My husband has always let me choose where I would like to eat on our anniversary so this year I insisted that he choose the restaurant. He told me where he would like to go and, although I was a little disappointed since Villa Europa is my favorite restaurant in the area, I dressed for the occasion and we headed out. We needed to run a couple of quick errands before supper so I didn't think it odd when he headed in the complete opposite direction of the restaurant he had chosen. I was surprised, however, when he made his last turn and I realized we were headed towards my favorite spot - Villa Europa. It was a great anniversary surprise! I really don't think he minded going to my favorite spot since it's one of his favorites, too. Villa Europa has been our hidden gem for over 20 years. Their specialty is German food and they have a wonderful selection. My sister-in-law is German and she has always said that their food is the real thing. I usually choose the sauerbraten. It's wonderful. It comes in a lovely brown gravy with German potato balls and a salad. I always opt for the German salad (a trio of marinated green beans, marinated cucumbers and onions in a creamy viniagrette, and pickled beets) I also always order a side of red cabbage. The meal just isn't complete without it. In the line of German fair, I've also enjoyed the Schnitzel and Rouladen and they're equally scrumptious. The good eating goes further than just German. Villa Europa has a wonderful prime rib. They also have great lasagna and French onion soup as well as many, many other German and American dishes. The restaurant has a full bar and wonderful desserts to finish off the meal. The restaurant has a quiet, casual atmosphere. You can certainly feel comfortable in jeans or do as I do and use the occasion to dress up and make a night of it. In the over 20 years that we have been going to Villa Europa, they have never let us down. We have celebrated birthdays, anniversaries, and, of course, Octoberfest and enjoyed ourselves each and every time. One note, while certainly not in a 'bad' part of town, Villa Europa is in the South Augusta area, on a street that no one would describe as scenic or quaint. Do not let this deter you. The restaurant parking lot is well lighted and there is a 'greeter' outside the door to welcome you as you enter. Make Villa Europa your choice for a special occasion or just to enjoy a wonderful meal.

• Visited May 2011
Birmingham
“Hidden Gem in Augusta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2011

Excellent German food. All four of our group had visited Germany and I would say we all agreed the food was as good as we had in any restaurant on any trip to Germany. It was excellently prepared with quality ingredients. Don't skip dessert either, we all took a dessert choice home and were glad that we did. The service was good and we were seated quickly.

• Visited April 2011
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Great Food in a very authentic atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

Some of the best German cusine I've ever tasted! I highly recommend the Jeager Schnitzel and the German potato salad. Very genuinely friendly service.

“If your looking for German and some funky...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2010

If your looking for German and some funky atmosphere this is the place! Schnitzels are good. Service is attentive. Loved looking at pictures of all the places we had been.

Been to Villa Europa? Share your experiences!