“Great First Visit”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Well, I have been by the establishment many times while in town on business and had never tried it out until a co-worker suggested we stop there for lunch. This place is NOT a white tablecloth restaurant but looks like an old dive you would see in Key West ! You could tell it has been there for years with all the writing on the tables, windows and walls. Looked like a great place to hang out at in the evenings for food, spirits and fun with friends ! We both had one of the lunch specials which was the Katfish PoBoy with fries, pickle, tarter sauce and cocktail sauce on the side. MAN...this was the best tasting katfish I have ever out in my mouth. It was a HUGE fillet laid across the bun with lettuce & tomato. I couldn't even begin to put the bun together and just ate it like an openface sandwich. All of this with a tea was only about $8.00. You can NOT go wrong with this. OH..the waitress was also very tentative ! I will definitely be returning to try more of their menu selections when I'm back in town.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food and service are very inconsistent. One day it is great and the next time you eat there you'll swear you'll never go back. We have been going there as a group for a couple of years and have watched it go downhill. Even the portion size is inconsistent. They need to get their act together to get back to where they were. They djon't seem to care about customer complaints either.

2  Thank denlap
Reviewed January 21, 2013

$3.31 for a plate of steamed shrimp.... Give me two!!

Ugly, noisy, cheap and good. Lots of fried stuff, but 12 raw oysters, two plates of shrimp, a dinner of fried oysters and three beer for 42$?! I would go back!!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I really don't like oysters but the folks that I traveled with chose this restaurant and it ended up being very good. My food was delicious and the service was excellent. Highly recommend.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The oysters on the half shell are almost cheaper than buying them in the store, always fun; wish they had some none fried stuff though.