“One of our favorites”

Ranked #28 of 500 Restaurants in Augusta
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We've been in the Augusta area for nearly 17 years, and Rae's has always been one of our very favorite places to go. This place is so out-of-the-way that there are many Augusta natives that don't even know it exists!

If you can find it (call for directions!), you will be rewarded by stepping into what truly feels like a Key West or Caribbean beach bar. It's really like a vacation in and of itself. The shrimp and grits are fantastic. My husband is a huge fan of the jerk chicken. This was the first place we ever had Low Country Boil--they call it 'Frogmore Stew' on their menu, and it is fantastic! Save room for the mango pie...
Mmmmm...my birthday's coming up...think I'm going to request a trip to Rae's...

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is my go-to restaurant when out-of-town guests visit. Walter sets the bar for terrific food and a top-notch experience. Friendly, relaxed, delicious -- always. Whenever I go I always feel like I'm at the most "Augusta" restaurant in town, and that I've gone on vacation -- a paradox that works for me! Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This place is the best kept secret in Augusta! The shrimp and grits are the best ever! Salad is one of a kind! So glad we found this amazing place!

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Had big company dinner here with almost 50 people. The staff was simply amazing how they handled all the orders and working with non-English speakers. The food was fantastic. Some said the best out of the whole trip.
As a raw food vegan I spoke to Walter prior to arrival. He went above and beyond preparing special salads and offering special oil and vinegar.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

It may be hard to find, but you will be quite surprised if you put in the effort. Tucked away in a neighbor, the atmosphere seems to tranport you to a beachside resort feel. Have loved everything I have gotten here - esp the crab cake sandwich! Be sure to leave room for the mango pie dessert - or even the carrot cake. The mango pie is always hard to turn down, since I have never found anything that quite compares. But, the carrot cake is top notch. Find this though much more appealing a lunch than a dinner place.