“Hidden gem in Augusta”

Ranked #28 of 500 Restaurants in Augusta
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Nice little place with cozy feel, good bar and great food. Love the fish tanks! Specials were good with generous portions.

1  Thank M0mmaSue

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Their house salad is just wonderful. The perfect blend of oil, vinegar and spices. I could have just had that all night, but I did eat some fresh talapia that was just wonderful. Quirky little place but has wonderful food.

1  Thank Christie P
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We live walking distance from Rae's. This is an excellent restaurant with a carribean twist. It is off the beaten path in a west Augusta neighborhood. We make it a point to eat there once a month and have been doing this for at least 6 years. The service is friendly and attentive with the owners or manager checking in to make sure your meal is up to par. The menu offers chicken, beef and seafood options along with a variety of specials to keep it interesting. The best part is the dessert- the mango cheese cake. You cannot go wrong here.

1  Thank Steven W
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've lived in Augusta all my life and eat here often! It's hard to find so get good directions! Rae's Coastal Cafe is located on Rae's Creek, just west of where the creek enters the Augusta National Golf Course! This place is owned by a couple and one of them is "on duty" at all times! On my most recent I had the jerk chicken wings and they were fantastic! If you like salad, try their house salad, which is the same recipe from the old Green Jacket Restaurant which used to be located directly across the street from the main gate of the Augusta National Golf Course! Great food, good atmosphere and fair prices make this place worth finding!

1  Thank lbrjack
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We got take-out. But the food presentation wasn't an issue. Food taste/prep was.

I got the ribs. They were just too sweet to eat, although they had been cooked properly. The potato salad was really good, though.

We also got the steak and coconut shrimp dish. While the shrimp were good, the steak was undercooked and bad-tasting.

I would need to go back to say it was bad, but the experience was not a good one, I can tell you that.