“New to Indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Being a rather finicky eater, I have always been hesitant to try unfamiliar foods. This was my very first encounter with Indian food, and I must say I was very impressed. The restaurant is rather small, yet comfortable, and very clean. The staff is quite friendly and willing to offer suggestions for "newcomers." Chicken Tikka Masala was highly recommended and did not disappoint! YUMMY!!! My better half had Lamb Madrasi with a kick of Indian spices and absolutely raved. I am actually looking forward to returning to the restaurant and expanding my exploration into new and unique taste experiences.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Taj of India is fantastic! Their buffet is so reasonably priced, and yet, has so much food and variety. It is all authentic and delicious. I could eat here every day! It is spicy but not too spicy and I can eat REALLY hot. It is an abundance of goodness!

1  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I am not usually a huge fan of Indian food(largely b/c I can't stand anise as a seasoning) but go sometimes b/c my wife really enjoys it. When we went here I was pleasantly surprised. The food was quite good, no single season/spice overpowering and the portions were quite large. Most of your standard Indian dishes but cooked quite well. Not much on atmosphere as it is a small restaurant in a strip mall but for a casual dinner its a good choice. I will state that this is spicier than most Indian restaurants. I love spicy so when my 4/10 spiciness(waiter asked for a number) dish came out quite spicy I was not disappointed, my wife however had a hard time finishing her main dish b/c she too asked for a 4. So just keep that fact in mind if you are not a big fan on the spicy. We have been back and likely will be again.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is our favorite Indian Restaurant. We have been dining with at Taj since they were on Walton Way. Always great food and service. Five stars to service and delicous food.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Just had a lovely dinner at the Taj of India. The service was excellent and the food was perfect. We had the Shahi Paneer and Lamb Curry. Both were perfectly cooked. The seasoning was beautiful and the lamb very tender. We asked the waiter lots of questions about other Indian dishes that we want to try next time. I think he was sincerely happy that we had enjoyed the food so much. We will be back. The only negative thing I can think of is that sadly I don't live close enough to eat there all the time.

1  Thank wandering_historian1

Been to Taj of India? Share your experiences!