“Relaxing Place for Lunch”

Big City Bread Cafe
Ranked #12 of 427 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: A local family owned and operated restaurant two blocks out of downtown Athens serving affordable but high quality ingredients utilizing locally farmed produce and meats. All breads and pastries made in-house daily. Fabulous outdoor seating on an expansive courtyard. Welcoming to families with young children.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Food is healthy, fresh and cooked to order. Many things to choose from on the menu. Great large outdoor patio. Excellent service. The kitchen was behind and 2 orders from our party of 10 slipped through the cracks. Multiple people from BCB apologized for the error and worked to make it right. Favorites included: Chicken Salad, French Ham & Cheese, Mozzarella/Tomato/Basil sandwiches; Tahini salad; tomato soup; and of course bakery items! Café parking spots are limited so give yourself a bit of time (and patience) to find a place on the street.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went for breakfast and enjoyed the food. It is not a sit down and take your order place. The menu ranges from french toast to a nice selection of omelets and breakfast (biscuit) sandwiches. My french toast was well prepared and the taste was good. My wife had a nice sized omelet with the usual sides and my son had a breakfast sandwich. The food hit the spot.

The place has a large patio and WiFi and may be a place for the college students to hangout and study (OK maybe just hangout).

If you want a good breakfast it is a good place to check-out.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Yummy food, friendly staff, great outdoor patio. One of my favorite places to take my 2 year old. She can draw with the sidewalk chalk and feed the birdies while we eat outside and they have some great kids menu items.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I like the bread and the various deserts. Food is usually good. Breakfast at BCB can be very good.
It is a favorite with the college students.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have been here for lunch and brunch. I love their brunch menu and the food has always been really good. I think the burger is my fav, which is crazy because I am not really a burger person.