“Best biscuits, great atmosphere.”

Big City Bread Cafe
Ranked #14 of 419 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: A local family owned and operated restaurant two blocks out of downtown Athens serving affordable but high quality ingredients utilizing locally farmed produce and meats. All breads and pastries made in-house daily. Fabulous outdoor seating on an expansive courtyard. Welcoming to families with young children.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I'll be honest - the main courses are neither cheap nor impressive. But I will say, THIS is where I go for a biscuit with raspberry jam. I've had a few other things here, but at the end of the day, my personal history with Big City Bread is this: the biscuits are the legacy. They have a pretty decent menu and breakfast, but I'm not the person who's going to wait in the long line the morning after the football game. I'd recommend Big City as a rendezvous point with friends (BISCUITS WITH JAM) in the morning (lovely outdoor seating and lights)... but I'll say it one last time: it's the biscuits, y'all.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a cute bakery. Having eaten at many similar places, I expected a bit more. However, the food was relatively good and they are open early.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

There was a line for breakfast, but we had no trouble finding a table. The food was good, but nothing amazing. My favorite part was the outdoor area. The outdoor space has a lot of tables under the trees/strings of lights. When the weather is nice, definitely get an outside table if you can. Parking is a little difficult to find- we parked a few streets away and walked over, but it wasn't much of a walk.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I'm still waiting to figure out why everyone loves this place. Basic breakfast food, long waits. Nice outdoor seating. I will keep trying it, partially because its fairly easy to get a table here on the weekends for brunch, and I have not had lunch or dinner yet, but so far I am only satisfied, not wowed.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Dropped by Big City Bread before the Ga. game tonight, and had the best lamb burger and fried baby potatoes, with an awesome Founders Centennial IPA. The food is always freshly made, and perfectly prepared. The outdoor seating is perfect for an balmy,football evening. I would've given them a excellent overall rating, but the mosquitoes ran us off the patio into the restaurant. (They need to fog, preferably after hours.)