“Would gladly return!”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 21, 2011

This isn't fine dining. You have to know that going in or else you'll be sorely disappointed. Instead, this is a hole-in-the-wall diner that will serve you a deluxe and delicious hamburger, grilled cheese, BLT, etc. The prices are reasonable but not overly cheap. The reason they seem cheap is because you order sides separately. Sides include fries, tater tots, onion rings (husband said they were fabulous) and sweet potato fries (I loved these!) I also loved my blackberry shake!

The staff did a good job of serving but really didn't come across as professional looking. They wore jeans and old tees, and since they spent a good bit of time serving the tables outside they wound up sweating some. Our guy was patient with me as I took awhile to decide what to order. He was also very quick to refill my water glass.

The place looks like it's been there for awhile, but as long as customers know what to expect at Clocked, I think you'll be pleased.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

We popped in for a snack. The table had just been wiped down but the booth seats still had a bunch of (obvious) crumbs. And the floors were pretty dirty. Only half the tables were filled and the servers hung out at the bar chatting it up for a few minutes, so they had time to clean. But it is a diner, not a 5-star restaurant. We got some soy dogs and then split a piece of mint oreo pie. The pie was huge with 3 scoops of ice cream. The sign in the window said it was $3.25 but we were charged $3.75. Annoying, but we got our money's worth, considering we ate only half of it. If you want a quick, cheap bite and aren't turned off by the diner atmosphere, stop in at Clocked.

Reviewed May 26, 2011

You enter this place and almost leave... Kind of a "greasy spoon diner- meets health food restaurant... BUT NOTE: This place has high quality, food in a very casual atmosphere. Breads -choice of whole grains, are exceptionally fresh. Meat or vegetarian dishes. Advertised as a diner, but kind of a funky, hole-in-the-wall gem of superlative sandwiches and salads. It was absolutely surprising how good everything tasted. Low prices, good portions, everything top quality, and extremely fresh.
Restaurant has a "BYOB" policy. Next time, I would bring a bottle of wine and stay a little longer.

Reviewed April 24, 2011

Pretty simple...great burgers great hand-spun shakes. I wasn't brave enough to try the blackberry shake, but the mocha shake was great. Can't speak for the fries, but the tots were good.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

This restaurant is located in downtown Athens -- basically a great location if you live here or are visiting for a football game. Burgers are excellent and while I have yet to try the shakes, I have heard nothing but good things. Prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is like that of a little burger and shake joint. Staff is very friendly. Definitely get the onion rings if you ever visit.

Been to Clocked? Share your experiences!