“The floor was filthy i didnt want to take off my shoes”
Review of Days Inn Athens

Days Inn Athens
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Decatur
“The floor was filthy i didnt want to take off my shoes”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I only stayed one night but the floor looked like things were living in it. The hotel just didn't seem very clean. I did leave my boots and I was able to retrieve the I liked that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

2 Thank Tzeghai L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Waxhaw
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel's billboard boasted that the rooms were recently renovated. I guess they did not get to my room yet. The wallpaper was coming off the walls in spots. The furniture was very outdated. It was clean, which is the only reason why I stayed. The remote control for the television did not work right, even after the batteries were changed.

On the second night, the heating unit in the room broke. Maintenance did come quickly. The gentleman was extremely attentive and depsite not having any help, lugged the new heavy compressor up the stairs ( I was no the second floor) and fixed the unit.

I was staying in a nonsmoking room. That second night I smelled smoke coming through the bathroom vents. I had to keep the bathroom door closed to prevent the smoke from coming into the bedroom. Unfortunately I was blasted with cigarette smoke every time I had to use the bathroom. I checked the next morning and discovered that behind my unit, were all smoking rooms. They must share the same ventilation unit. They had three separate buildings, so I am not sure why they just don't put all the smoking rooms in one building to avoid contamination through the vents.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

3 Thank Gary28173

Travelers are raving about these Athens hotels

Atlantic Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was far and away the worst experience I have ever had! When we saw the hotel we knew it was not going to be a 5 star experience, but this was the worst. When we got to our room there was a woman sitting on the bed smoking a cigarette (non-smoking room) The lobby informed us that it was just one of the workers girlfriends and they would run her off and find another room. They sent us to another room -- WHICH WAS OCCUPIED! Finally found a third room that was just NASTY and stinky and horrible. We had no choice but to stay -- I tried 7 other hotels which were all booked. When we got back to our room there was a LOUND party going on outside and all round the parking lot. We called the lobby -- they said they would get it stopped. An hour later we called back and they said they had called the police! We ended up leaving at 4:00 a.m. because we could not spend one more minute at the DUMP. Do not make the same mistake we did. ANYWHERE but here!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family