“Good hotel and good price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Athens

and 1 more site!
Days Inn Athens
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Athens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed at this property on a 3-night business trip. I booked the property because I had a very limited budget at the time--I wish I had spent the extra money and stayed elsewhere. If we had not pre-paid I would have checked out after the first night; I even considered checking out anyway, but decided to stick it out.

Pros: VERY friendly, helpful owners and staff (they were really, really great), decent breakfast (many items to heat up like breakfast sandwiches, cold items, fruit, etc.), lots of parking, less than one mile to the Classic Center (I even walked it a couple of times), pool seemed nice though I did not get in, large bathroom, quiet even though we were on a second floor outside unit facing the parking lot

Cons: There were many stains on the carpets and walls in our unit, paint drips on the headboard, cracked paint throughout the ceiling, there was no outlet behind the nightstand to plug in the alarm clock (it was unplugged when we arrived), behind the nightstand was incredibly dirty, there was a VERY awkwardly arranged table with chair that was crammed next to the bed with less than 2 feet of space between--I ran into it every time I got up during the night, and it just overall felt dingy and in bad need of updating/repait. This is definitely a 2-star property.

I would not stay here again unless I absolutely could not afford to stay anywhere better. If you only have to stay one night and are on a tight budget, I suppose it would be okay.

Room Tip: We had a second floor outside unit facing the parking lot and it was surprisingly quiet. I would pr...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
1 Thank OnTheRoadPrincess
, General Manager at Days Inn Athens, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.Our housekeepers are being trained to move the nightstands and clean behind them.
pelham al
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

I have stayed at this DI once a year for several years (for Athens Twilight festival when the whole town is booked) and have consistently been satisfied and think it's an exceptional value. Number 1 for me is cleanliness and quietness and I have never had a problem. The worst I have encountered is a couple of stray hairs and a unstable toilet seat but otherwise very satisfied with the overall cleanliness, quietness, staff, size of room and location. They have a inspection score of 98 posted on wall. The breakfast is continental plus - GOOD coffee, juices, milks, yogurts, cereals, bananas, wrapped pastries and microwave breakfast sandwiches plus condiments. The pool is pleasant, in a courtyard with some plants instead of in the parking lot like some motels. The walk to/from town is a few blocks and I thought it was safe, there are some 'eclectic' funky houses across the street but the Athenians strive to embrace the eclectic and I doubt the residents (that i never saw) would cause harm. If you want to be really safe just walk 1 block down past the Mariott to busy bright Broad St, turn left and head to town.
This is one of the best DI I have stayed in, if you want fancier furniture, pay to park, uninviting pool, no breakfast and twice the rate then try the Hilton.

Room Tip: You can park right by your door! I like that.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chandra B, General Manager at Days Inn Athens, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Athens. Your kind comments are much appreciated. My staff and myself strive to make all our guest comfortable and welcome. See you on your next visit to Athens.