“business”
Review of Hampton Inn Athens

Hampton Inn Athens
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed August 19, 2013

this hotel always provides great service and a clean room..you know what to expect...staff very polite. Variety on the breakfast bar and a cookie in the afternoon when needed...Hotel has gone thru renovations, they keep up on things. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Oderay D, Manager at Hampton Inn Athens, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. We will pass this on to the staff. Everyone works hard to provide our guest with the best experience possible.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Great Staff! Clean and new appearance. Would stay here again. Far enough from downtown to be quiet without any outside party noise! Only a little over a mile from downtown. Good night sleep! Had the appearance of being brand new.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Oderay D, Manager at Hampton Inn Athens, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn in Athens, GA for your lodging needs. We appreciate your comments about our hotel and staff and hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Excellent location. Easy drive to UGA. Walking distance to Hilltop Grille (local favorite restaurant). Although approached by a beggar in the parking lot, I don't consider the location to be bad. Location of business center right at front door is not good. Auto-doors open and close just from movement of sitting down at a computer. Also doesn't bode well for security/privacy as one uses the computer. Customer service was below expectation. After advising staff of problem with our toilet, I was handed a plunger and told this was not a full-service hotel. Better answer would have been to switch our room, but that didn't happen. Room was extremely musty. Read other reviews saying so...should've listened. A/C horribly loud and noise from the ice maker down the hall also loud. The noise prevented me from falling asleep and facing a 5 hour drive the following morning made matters worse. Breakfast was below average. Sausage was almost unrecognizable, coffee was weak (the more robust one). Eggs looked like crap and fruit too. We grabbed an apple and left. We usually enjoy the Hampton Inn, but our experience at this location is enough to give us pause about our loyalty.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Oderay D, Manager at Hampton Inn Athens, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

A little expensive. Stayed at next door competitor last visit cheaper with bigger room & better breakfast bar. Staff at this hotel not professional - did not answer front desk. Overheard same complaint while eating breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Oderay D, Manager at Hampton Inn Athens, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with us. We have acknowledge your problem and have taken steps to correct any shortcomings of the staff.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Excellent hotel with all necessary facilities. Well designed and very pleasant. We were on medical trip and location close to St. Mary's Hospital was great. Only problem was finding the best entrance. Not being familiar with the area we made the wrong turn. However, if you use the one on Broad St./Atlanta Hwy next to Applebees you won't have any problems.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Oderay D, Manager at Hampton Inn Athens, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn in Athens, GA for your lodging needs, and thank you for the nice review. We hope youstay with us on your next visit to Athens.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My experience at this hotel was not a good one at all. When we arrived I was checked in, I gave her a card to put on file and she didn't save my information. When I called down stairs because I was not able to get onto the internet, the gentleman I spoke to asked me when did I check in and that it had me checking in and out. I was not happy so I went down stairs. He told me that I was suppose to be in a different room so he had to fix all the information and again take my card because the lady that had checked me in did not save anything. He then asked if I had signed any papers and I told him "no". So he gave me my information sheet that says how many nights I was booked for. I have always stayed at the Hilton Garden but I thought we should try this Hampton. But it was not a very good experience and I would not want to stay here again

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Oderay D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Athens, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for bringing over your experience with us. We have address the situation and hope the email we sent you convey our concern, and let you know we care.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I spent three nights last week (6/10-6/12) at the Hampton Inn in Athens, where I attended a church conference. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The hotel was full, but the staff had no trouble accommodating the crowd. The breakfast at the hotel was good, but for those who wanted something different, there were a number of restaurants within walking distance. I think Hampton Inn has a consistently good product.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Oderay D, Manager at Hampton Inn Athens, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. We appreciate your have chosen the Hampton Inn in Athens, as well as the Hampton Inn brand for your lodging needs. I will pass your comments to the rest of the staff as your satisfaction is our main goal.

Hope to see you again.