“The staff is the best that I've seen in the whole region.”

Holiday Inn Express Athens
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed March 14, 2014

There is a HUGE difference in a person who works in the service industry and is polite and respectful to you, but no feeling for you, as if you are just a body with no face.

The Holiday Inn Express, whenever I walk through those doors, which is usually very late at night, after driving a lot and being so tired, they are actually enthusiastic about seeing me again. There is actually feeling behind it. This really makes a difference, at least to me. I think the TV show "Cheers" said it best. "Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name." I am particularly pleased to lodge at a place where, when I walk through the doors tired and alone, people know who I am, and take care of me. I am never made to feel like I am alone in some far away place, and no one gives a dam. They have on many occasion even asked me if I have eaten. I really appreciate that.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Luis F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Michael F.
We are pleased to hear from you and the feedback about your recent experience with us. Our entire team is committed to please our guests at all times and you taking the time to share with us will boost the spirit of service from the entire team. Again thank you for your time.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Before our arrival, I was apprehensive after reading the reviews regarding the location, safety and noise level of this hotel. I was traveling with a group of twenty high schoolers and several chaperones. I believe everyone staying at this property was with the same group of high school students from all over Georgia. I was impressed with the staffs' dedication to making sure that luggage was safe as many arrived before rooms were ready. The parking lot seemed safe, well lit and secure. Breakfast was good and there was plenty of it; both hot and cold choices. Regarding the noise level, my room was close to the elevator and the luggage walkway and even though I'm a light sleeper, I slept well as did my daughter. I was pleased to see Security Guards patrolling the hallway at midnight and there was a warning in the room that if noise persists, you would be asked to vacate the property. I really felt like the hotel management had done everything in their power to control the noise level. I would stay here again. It was a very convenient location to downtown Athens, UGA, and the Classic Center.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and on the back side of the hotel and our room was fine. Noises came info...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mony-MonyMD
Luis F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

We are so happy to hear that your groups stay with us went so beautifully. Our staff strives to provide the very best for you. Our guest's safety is our top priority as well as comfort. We are trilled that were able to accomplish your goals without stress while here with here with so many kids. We do our best to help accommodate in those special situations. Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to serving you and your group here in the future.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

In need of a rejuvenating experience to rid the stiff,sore, tired traveler, the Holiday Inn and Express covered all the bases.
Comfortable bed/sheets, room and bathroom clean and updated. Spa had beautiful jets and temp. I had enough food stuffs to utilize the in room fridge/micro.
All in all it's what you look for when your a travel's.
Of course you pay a little extra for it but worth it if it keeps your road experience positive.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank 1peripatetictraveler
Luis F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

We thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your stay. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Our staff works hard to make sure that you don't have to while you're here with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Spent a week on business staying here in Athens, one of the best cities in Georgia. This hotel was in a great area. I was able to walk to the Conference Center every morning and then back from dinner every night. The Breakfast was good. The room was good, other than an occasional moldy smell. The problem was the noise in the hallway. This wasn't a football weekend. This was midweek. One night, I listened as a man and wife argued outside of their room so they kids wouldn't hear them. Another night, the front lobby was called to remove a late night booty call from the room across from mine. In fact, the cops were called. While I don't blame this hotel for it's guest, I do blame them for the terrible door that they had on my room. Probably time to refresh this Holiday Inn Express. Staff was great.Pillows were terrible

Room Tip: Don't stay on Bottom Floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris B
Luis F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

We appreciate that you took the time to leave us feedback about your stay. We di strive to make sure all of our guests have the best possible stay with us. We do sincerely apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. Anytime you have any problems at all during your stay with us please do not hesitate to let our staff know so that we may address the problem immediately. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed for a week with check_in on Sunday evening and left the following Friday. Business trip conference with after hours work completed in room. Very nice and clean with a lot of room. Ample space with the desk as well as a sofa with coffee table to spread out. The bed was comfortable but the pillows are so-so. Too small and nothing "just right" but I am very picky in that area. The breakfast was plentiful however the instant eggs doesn't work. Bland! The pancakes are highly recommended. Everything was very clean with plenty of elbow room. Staff was extremely nice. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Luis F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

We are happy that your stay with us went so well. Our staffs main objective is to keep our guests comfortable. We appreciate that you took the time to give us your feedback and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were in this hotel some years ago, then again, and this time was our fourth time there...
Somebody may say : why always there ? - Just because everything is perfect !!!
The rooms are very spacious and in the bathrooms you find a large amount of towels and an assortment of products for your toiletries. I must say that I have not found in other hotels such a variety of products.
The breakfast is plentiful and the ladies designated for this service are very attentive and always ready to renew almost empty trays.
What about the Staff ? I give a 10/10 to all individual members, starting from the bery nice receptionists, the silent housekeeping ladies always ready to reorder your rooms, the very kind breakfast staff, and finishing with the very professional Director..
Without any shadow of doubt I will choose this hotel again when I will be back in Athens.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Luis F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

We are happy that your stay with us went so well. Our staffs primary objective is to keep our guests comfortable. We appreciate that you took the time to leave us your feedback, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

My partner and I stayed for 6 nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Athens Georgia during a sporting event at the University of Georgia. Our room on the 4th floor was spacious, clean, practical, warm ( winter ) and well equipped with a microwave, a coffee maker and a small fridge.
The downstairs sitting/breakfast area was spacious and bright. The breakfast was adequate and the staff member Guadalupe Villafana was always courteous, helpful and smiling at breakfast time.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the side road are brighter than those at the back.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Luis F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

We are delighted to hear that your family enjoyed your stay with us and everything was up to par. Our guest comfort is very important to us and we strive to give you the best. Our staff works hard to make sure you are 100% pleased with your stay. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, we appreciate the feedback.