“Well worth it!”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Phenix City
“Well worth it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed for a week with check_in on Sunday evening and left the following Friday. Business trip conference with after hours work completed in room. Very nice and clean with a lot of room. Ample space with the desk as well as a sofa with coffee table to spread out. The bed was comfortable but the pillows are so-so. Too small and nothing "just right" but I am very picky in that area. The breakfast was plentiful however the instant eggs doesn't work. Bland! The pancakes are highly recommended. Everything was very clean with plenty of elbow room. Staff was extremely nice. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Luis F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
We are happy that your stay with us went so well. Our staffs main objective is to keep our guests comfortable. We appreciate that you took the time to give us your feedback and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Toscana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were in this hotel some years ago, then again, and this time was our fourth time there...
Somebody may say : why always there ? - Just because everything is perfect !!!
The rooms are very spacious and in the bathrooms you find a large amount of towels and an assortment of products for your toiletries. I must say that I have not found in other hotels such a variety of products.
The breakfast is plentiful and the ladies designated for this service are very attentive and always ready to renew almost empty trays.
What about the Staff ? I give a 10/10 to all individual members, starting from the bery nice receptionists, the silent housekeeping ladies always ready to reorder your rooms, the very kind breakfast staff, and finishing with the very professional Director..
Without any shadow of doubt I will choose this hotel again when I will be back in Athens.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Luis F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
We are happy that your stay with us went so well. Our staffs primary objective is to keep our guests comfortable. We appreciate that you took the time to leave us your feedback, and we look forward to serving you in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

My partner and I stayed for 6 nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Athens Georgia during a sporting event at the University of Georgia. Our room on the 4th floor was spacious, clean, practical, warm ( winter ) and well equipped with a microwave, a coffee maker and a small fridge.
The downstairs sitting/breakfast area was spacious and bright. The breakfast was adequate and the staff member Guadalupe Villafana was always courteous, helpful and smiling at breakfast time.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the side road are brighter than those at the back.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Luis F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
We are delighted to hear that your family enjoyed your stay with us and everything was up to par. Our guest comfort is very important to us and we strive to give you the best. Our staff works hard to make sure you are 100% pleased with your stay. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, we appreciate the feedback.
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

The staff of HIE Athens was incredibly courteous and helpful with all things. My stay was with a group and everything was handled with great efficiency and accuracy. The rooms were very clean. The breakfast was wonderful. Very much enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Luis F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback! we are very glad that our staff delivery a great customer service and you was available to enjoy our hotel during your recent visit to Athens. We look forward to serving you in the future, and thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.
Team Express.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

The Holiday Inn Express is a couple blocks down from the regular Holiday Inn, but still very close to downtown Athens and certainly walkable. I had no problems walking downtown for dinner and drinks. While the front of the hotel is fenced in, I found a small gate that I was able to use instead of having to walk all the way around to the car entrance. The area right next to the hotel hosts some low income housing but seemed to be safe. I slept great and didn't encounter any noise problems. Breakfast was very good with a large assortment of hot and cold items and was supervised by a very friendly lady. I would definitely stay here again if I returned to Athens. Reasonable rate for some good accommodations close to downtown Athens.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear seriousworldwanderer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for your stay. We are conveniently located near many of Athens' main attractions, and we are glad you were able to take advantage of this!
We appreciate your comments, and look forward to serving you in the future.
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

We got snowed in during the resent bad weather. The staff was wonderful, friendly, kind and made are stranded stay amazing. First Heathe Morgan the front desk manger called around too find out all the restaurants that were open but no one was delivering. She asked if anyone wanted to put in an order and drove to get it!!! We stayed on the first floor and it didn't smell as one poster said and had our pets with us. Right by are room was an exit door with a place for them to walk and do their bussiness. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. Housekeeping didn't bother us so we got to sleep in. Breakfest was great and I loved their cinnamon rolls !!!!!! If I ever get straned in bad weather again I pray their is a Holiday Inn Express like this one !!!!! Thanks you guys !!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cindee57
Dear Cindee57,

We are glad that you have such a pleasant experience! Our front desk staff is dedicated to maximizing customer satisfaction, and we are happy that were on the receiving end of it.
Comments like yours help us to constantly improve, so we thank you for your feedback and look forward to your next stay.
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I'm a Business Traveler with a realistic "College Town USA" expectation of the Athens Holiday Inn Express.

Whenever my profession takes me to Athens, I always stay at the Express, simply because I know as well as everyone else, that what you get as a guest is more than commensurate to the average price point that they ask for lodging. For me, its about economics simply because I travel quite a bit throughout the year. Clean bed, clean room, no extra charge for an above average continental breakfast. In all reality, who cares that the hotel is dead smack in the middle of a college town. I feel safe there, and nobody has ever messed with any of my belongings. What else can a business traveler ask for?

Keep doing what you are doing Athens Express.
You will always get my money when I am in town.

My calculator thanks you :P

Room Tip: If you do a LOT of business traveling, let your calculator conclude that this is the place you need...
1 Thank thebusinessclass
Dear thebusinessclass,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback! As a regular visitor to the Holiday Inn Express, your comments are very valuable to us, and will help us to ensure that your experiences here continue to be positive. We look forward to serving you in the future.