“Great location for a UGA conference!”

Holiday Inn Express Athens
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Chattanooga
“Great location for a UGA conference!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I brought a delegation of students to the University of Georgia Model United Nations Conference in February (2013). We were very pleased with the location which was convenient to the university and to downtown Athens. The rooms were clean and had great amenities. The students appreciated the variety offered in the complementary breakfast. We look forward to coming back next year.

Stayed February 2013
2 Thank craftshowtravelers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Colorado
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Was in town on business with several colleagues. Check in was smooth. But rooms, are so so. No Internet service in my room. No bar and poor breakfast service. This week I stayed at three hotels, the others were vey good - not this hotel. Front desk service was good, and that's all I can say!

Avoid this hotel if your need web access!

Room Tip: Get a high floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert M
Andrew J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I apologize if we were not able to meet your expectations on this day due to the internet and breakfast. I would like to talk to you further about what we can do to make up for your previous stay. If you would email me at andrew.jordan@hi-athens.com I would greatly appreciate it.

Again, I do apologize and regret that these things negatively impacted your experience at our hotel.

Andrew Jordan
Holiday Inn Express
Athens GA
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My experience in this hotel was okay. I never had any real problems with it, the staff courteous. The rooms were clean, but maybe just bit too small. The location of the hotel may have been the biggest problem as the view out of our window faced what seemed project housing community. The lobby was nice and as I mentioned so was the staff. There seemed to be some construction that was going on in the hotel as some of the halls were being painted thus the paint odor was in the air. The hotel layout was also a bit inefficient as my room was ways away from the lobby. I don’t want to knock on this hotel too much because the people were real helpful but at the end it was not that memorable. The room, the food was all good but I guess I just expected little bit more.

Room Tip: You want to ask about where your room is in relation from the lobby so you dont have to walk ways aw...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear 5feetofperfection,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness and our staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our location and the renovation. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
petersfield.England
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is the second time staying at this hotel. Travelling over from the UK for our Annual pilgrimage to the 40 Watt club. This time we had our 2 son's with us so we had a room with 2 double beds. Fantastic amount of room for all 4 of us.Great room and service and value for money. We would specifically like to single out a young lady on reception "Amy" She went out of her way to provide us with great service and was always friendly and chatty with all of us..Nothing was too much trouble. Thank you, you made our 5 night stay a happy one. We are looking forward to our next visit later in the year :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Canton, GA
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel, and chose it for its proximity to downtown Athens and the great rate. Although I expected the hotel to be adequate, I was surprised to find how nice it was. We had a great stay and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Newquay, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I just finished a two week road trip looking for a new place to live. This was the first stop of many and turned out to be the best value for money on the whole trip. Big room, free wifi, nice bed, good breakfast... When you find a deal for one of these hotel chains it's your best bet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Good looking place in the lobby, breakfast area and hallways. Room was excellent. Only one nick was that the bathroom door wouldn't lock. Not a big problem. I would go back. There's some low income housing next door but the parking was well lit and we felt fine.

Room Tip: Bright lights on the outside room, but the curtains took care of it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family