All reviewscinnamon rollsroom was cleanpancake makerfree breakfastnothing fancydowntown areaparking lot isan older propertyuga campusbroad ststaff was friendlywould definitely stay here againtwo night stayrooms are smallgreat roomlate checkpleasant stay
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I found this hotel to be not bad in any way, no bad experiences, room was reasonably clean, staff real friendly, nice and helpful, parking was fairly convenient. Lobby was real nice, breakfast typical for HIE. A little off the beaten track but not too far from town. They were in the process of painting in the hallways but the disturbance was minimal and didn't affect my stay in the least. Odd building design, to get to the 3rd floor from the lobby, you went down stairs then up an elevator or simply walked up a ramp. My room was about as far as possible from the lobby as you can get (it says in my profile to book my room "away from elevators and vending / ice machines" and they sure did that!) Again, staff was great, price was right, breakfast average, room clean. No problems at all. Couldn't ask for more for a decent night's sleep while on the road for business.

Room Tip: If you do not want to walk too far ask for a room closer to the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 32,331
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Holiday Inn Express in Athens is in a great location for visiting UGA or downtown Athens. The hotel is older but was recently renovated a few years ago. The staff was wonderful to us during our 2 night stay.

Breakfast each morning was really filling and tasty. They offered a wide range of breakfast foods to please most everyone!

The rooms are on the small side with double beds instead of queens but there is a fridge, microwave and flat screen TV in the room which made it nice!

Enjoy your stay if you choose HIE in Athens!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Flying4
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have been staying at Holiday Inn Express in Athens, Ga. for many years during football season, and at other times while in Athens. Our family has found Luis and his staff to be one of the best we have ever encountered. We have never had a bad experience while staying with them. The breakfast bar is exceptional, rooms are always very clean, and the staff most helpful. It is very convenient to downtown Athens. Luis goes out of his way to help with any needs we may have. Thanks HIE Athens, Ga!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay on second floor. This is close to the lobby.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jimmy C
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Think twice (or not at all) about booking a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Athens….

I booked a double room for 1 night using Travelocity.com. It was a football game weekend, and I was happy to get a room. But when I arrived at the hotel, I was told there was only 1 room left, a single. I was traveling with my teenage daughter and reserved what I thought and expected was a room with 2 beds. So now I’ve been told now that reservations are just for a room, any room, not a particular type of room - that's just a possible courtesy, if it works out.

Well, it didn’t work out. And the hotel won’t refund my money, even though I watched someone walk into the lobby while I was walking out and ask if there were any vacancies. Nice.

Obviously, I am very disappointed in this place. Their Reservations and Guarantees are meaningless and not worth the paper they're printed on. I guess they're so successful that you don’t need satisfied guests. The only recourse they give you is to tell your story as a warning to others.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Fred G
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had a great stay. They have done alot with this property. They have added crown molding in the rooms that look very nice and the new furniture looks great too. The general manager Luis was also very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends