All reviewscinnamon rollsroom was cleanpancake makerfree breakfastnothing fancydowntown areaan older hoteluga campusbroad ststaff was friendlywould definitely stay here againtwo night stayrooms are smallgreat roomlate checkpleasant stayconvenient location
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have been staying at Holiday Inn Express in Athens, Ga. for many years during football season, and at other times while in Athens. Our family has found Luis and his staff to be one of the best we have ever encountered. We have never had a bad experience while staying with them. The breakfast bar is exceptional, rooms are always very clean, and the staff most helpful. It is very convenient to downtown Athens. Luis goes out of his way to help with any needs we may have. Thanks HIE Athens, Ga!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay on second floor. This is close to the lobby.
1  Thank Jimmy C
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Think twice (or not at all) about booking a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Athens….

I booked a double room for 1 night using Travelocity.com. It was a football game weekend, and I was happy to get a room. But when I arrived at the hotel, I was told there was only 1 room left, a single. I was traveling with my teenage daughter and reserved what I thought and expected was a room with 2 beds. So now I’ve been told now that reservations are just for a room, any room, not a particular type of room - that's just a possible courtesy, if it works out.

Well, it didn’t work out. And the hotel won’t refund my money, even though I watched someone walk into the lobby while I was walking out and ask if there were any vacancies. Nice.

Obviously, I am very disappointed in this place. Their Reservations and Guarantees are meaningless and not worth the paper they're printed on. I guess they're so successful that you don’t need satisfied guests. The only recourse they give you is to tell your story as a warning to others.

1  Thank Fred G
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had a great stay. They have done alot with this property. They have added crown molding in the rooms that look very nice and the new furniture looks great too. The general manager Luis was also very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rhonda H
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great rooms, great price, great location, and great hot breakfast menu! Would use this hotel again. It is just next door from University of Georgia, a couple of blocks from the downtown area, restaurants, and shopping is in walking distance, but you will have a short stroll uphill. Would use this hotel anytime! Need say more?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2012

If ever there was a hotel that could be considered a home away from home, this is the one for me. The rooms are very clean and the beds are really comfy - they even come with firm and soft pillows for each guest! The staff is always cheerful and ready to lend a helping hand; and if you see the manager, he will stop and make sure that everything is ok with your stay. Parking is a breeze and you can walk to the University of Georgia campus or downtown Athens in just a few minutes. This hotel does not have a restaurant, but there are plenty of places to walk to or order delivery. The hot breakfast bar is better than most others I've experienced and the food is always fresh. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel. It is definitely the best Athens has to offer!