Holiday Inn Athens-University Area(Athens)(Great Value!)
$107
$119
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $148/night.

$85
$124
Graduate Athens(Athens)(Great Value!)
$103
Hampton Inn Athens(Athens)(Great Value!)
$119
$107
Priceline
Best Western Athens(Athens)(Great Value!)
$139
$86
Hotels.com
All reviewscinnamon rollsroom was cleanpancake makerfree breakfastcoffee tablenothing fancydowntown areaparking lot isan older propertyuga campusbroad ststaff was friendlywould definitely stay here againtwo night stayrooms are smallgreat roomlate check
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We were recently in Athens, GA for my niece's wedding. We were told that there would be a place for us to change clothes so we left home in shorts and tee. Unfortunately, the changing room was over-used. I called the local HIE where we had a reservation for that night, check-in at 3, to see if we could possibly come in early ( 1:30 ). I explained the situation to the young lady on the phone. She checked on our reservation, came back and told me that our rooms were ready and that we could check in early. What a lifesaver!
We were traveling with my soon-to-be 90 year old mother and had asked for adjoining rooms. Our request was granted, and we were next door. The rooms were both clean and fresh with plenty of extra cover and pillows. The bed was so comfortable that I slept for 8 hours! We would definitely recommend this HEI to everyone!

Room Tip: The king room also has a pull-out couch.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Conveniently located within walking distance to center of Athens. Hotel provides breakfast and has outdoor pool. Pool was closed for first few days of our stay for renovations, but enjoyed it for two days. Only negative is that rooms were not very sound proof and we could hear the elevator and, room doors closing and everything said in the hallways. Was great value thogh and just what we needed for a few days while visiting family. Has wifi which made inconvenient to connect via IPad and IPhone. Did provide computers in lobby also.

Room Tip: Get room further from elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Comfortable stay, nothing fancy but nice. Breakfast was awesome well worth staying here.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 9, 2012

A very complete motel, that in every way feels like a good hotel. We had excellent service when our lights didn't work in the room, maintenance was there within 5 minutes and get it fixed. And later on when we had lost something in the room which we discovered after checkout, we could come back and check the room ourselves when cleaning could not find anything. Friendly staff.

Rooms are very well furnished with excellent beds and good bathroom. Spacious lobby with business center.

We did not have breakfast here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

For the most part this hotel is what you would expect: nothing fancy, just a clean comfortable hotel. The lobby is spacious with lots of seating for their breakfast buffet which is worth having.
Fresh pancakes, fruits, yogurt, toast/pastries, cereal and milk, juices, bacon and sausage make up one of the best breakfast buffets I have ever had at a chain hotel. Again, nothing super fancy but nothing gross either. All in all I was very satisfied.

My room was simple if a bit worn but very clean and quite comfortable. The A/C worked just fine but the windows did not open. Room had a fridge and microwave but no safe that I could spot.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. I actually had a hard time finding a room for the weekend in Athens due to several events and weddings being held at the same time. When I emailed the hotel to see if something could be arranged, they were very accommodating. When I arrived on site, I found this trend continued though check in, a request for information one where I should have dinner, the purchase of some ice cream sold in the lobby, and check out.

I will say that the walls were a touch thin making it possible for me to hear the folks in the halls, but this was only a bit more noise than I would normally expect. The layout of the hotel is a bit odd as well. In order to get to the elevator from the lobby you will need to either go down some stairs to the 2nd floor, or up a winding ramp to the 3rd floor.

The hotel is within walking distance of a plethora of dining options of all flavors and price ranges, but if you are like me and you are looking for a nice scotch after work, head to the Globe and/or the National.

Room Tip: Elevator is quite slow and small. Plan accordingly.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business