“This location was clean and comfortable. I loved the...”

Howard Johnson Inn Athens
Howard Johnson Inn Athens
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Warner Robins
“This location was clean and comfortable. I loved the...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

This location was clean and comfortable. I loved the sliding glass door which allowed outside entrance and fresh air. I was very pleasantly surprised and will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

minesh p, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Athens, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
The appreciation you have for your great stay in total is precisely what we are striving towards. We want you to come stay with us and leave feeling rested, relaxed and comfortable, in terms of both how you feel about your room and how you feel about the money you spent. We wish to always give you the best service there is to offer. Thank you for appreciating all our hard work and we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Woodstock
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was very disappointed in the quality of the hotel and room for what I paid. It is an old hotel that has not had any improvements made to it. It should be a $69 a night hotel not $183. I selected this hotel because it was the only one with a vacancy. I see why now. Next time, I will opt to drive back home in the same day rather than settling for something that was outrageously priced for what you got. I don't mind paying for something when I receive quality in return for what I pay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for taking the time to write us your feedback. We appreciate the effort you gave to bring this matter to our attention, and giving us an opportunity to correct the things we may have overlooked. The candid comments regarding the entire accommodation will be assessed and evaluated accordingly. Rest assured that we will do our utmost to ensure the quality of our services, so that such instances would never happen again. It is our goal to provide our valued guests the best service we can offer. We hope to give you a far better experience should you reconsider and visit us again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Athens hotels

Chattanooga, TN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

What to expect.
- A rock hard bed (the flinstones slept in softer beds)
- Pillows made by Frito-Lay (my children gave this description, I brought my own)
- Toilet flushed lightly every 15 minutes (pretty annoying).
- Window AC unit. Lazy and schizophrenic (description given by a son with an ACT score of 31). Hard to turn knob to a comfortable temp. Not digital. Loud.
- Shower was loud. Air in pipes?
- Can hear traffic on the road even if room is not facing road. Room not well insulated.
- 16 year old kid did not recognize the microwave it was so old (turn knobs).

Notes:
- I chose second floor due to having sliding doors. Neighborhood not that nice.
- Take your own pillow. And enough motrin to make anyone pass out (sleep).
- Beds have plastic covers. Good for those that worry about bed bugs.
- I am severely allergic. Only a few hotels (at my price range have ever allowed me to wake up allergy free). Take your benadryl with you.
- Room was exceptionally clean. Was able to walk on carpeting without getting bottom of socks filthy dirty.
- Do not pay more than $49 for this room, or you will feel robbed. $39 would have seemed fair.
- Free wi-fi. Main reason I chose this place. Worked great. 2nd floor.
- Plenty of hot water for 3 showers in a row. No hair conditioner. No dryer.
- Room is smallest I have ever seen in my life. Not normal sized.
- I have reviewed many hotels room exceptionally well. The price of $49 was not worth the room. The managers are very friendly, which made it hard for me to give this bad review.

Room Tip: If this is for UGA trip, find a location closer to the school. I thought Athens was smaller and did...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
minesh p, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Athens, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
We would like to thank you for finding the time to share to us your valuable comment following your stay with us. We sincerely believe that guest feedbacks are indeed paramount for us to gauge the level of our service and allow us to focus on matters that are essential for guests’ comfort. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to be aware of our deficiencies, rest assured that matters regarding the facilities and amenities in total will not go unnoticed and we will make necessary actions to ensure that similar situations will be avoided in the future. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you, and we hope that we may be able to give you a far better experience should you reconsider and visit us again.