Courtyard Athens Downtown
Holiday Inn Athens-University Area(Athens)(Great Value!)
$91
Hampton Inn Athens(Athens)(Great Value!)
$119
$139
$88
$79
BestWestern.com
All reviewscourtyard by marriottstandard courtyardstayed herenice courtyardcollege townoutdoor poolrooms are cleanfitness centercomfortable bedwould stay here againuga campusdowntownmazehallwaytreadmillgeorgiastadium
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great location. Was able to walk to our event across the street at the Classic Center as well as walk around downtown Athens. Perfect for visiting UGA since it is near north campus which houses the admissions office. Efficient front desk staff. Has a hot / cold breakfast buffet in the morning and bar in the evening. Deck parking. Nice, well kept, comfortable facility at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank OneHappyFamily1
CYAthensGM, General Manager at Courtyard Athens Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

OneHappyFamily1 ~ What a great name, it makes me smile just reading it! I believe you may have reviewed the wrong hotel. The Courtyard by Marriott in Athens isn’t across the street from the Classic Center and we don’t offer a buffet although we do have a fabulous bar. I’m sure the hotel you’re referring to would love to see your comments as it’s always great to receive feedback, especially when they’re wonderful.

Donna McHugh

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Had to travel to a small city outside Atlanta, GA due to a death in the family. Not wanting to stay in Atlanta and fight the interstate traffic we chose to stay in Athens, GA which was only a 30 minute drive from Monroe, GA. We found Courtyard by Marriott on the internet and price was great. Because of funeral arrangements we had to extend our stay. The front desk was so kind and accommodating. We received an excellent and conveniently located room. Love the no pets and no smoking policy. This assured us of clean rooms and no allergy attacks. Complimentary coffee and tea was ready in the lobby every morning or you could get Starbucks when I did not want to make coffee in the room. This will always be my first choice when in the Athens, GA area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

JoAnnB ~ I’m very sorry for your loss and wish you could have stayed with us under happier circumstances. I appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel and your kind comments. I’ve shared your comments with the team and we’re so glad that we were able to be of assistance to you during such a difficult time. The team loved hearing that we would be your first choice in Athens and many remembered who you were even without a name based on your comments and their experience with you. Please let me know if you’re ever in our area again as I’d love to thank you for your comments in person.

Donna McHugh

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night while visiting our son at UGA. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The only interaction was at check and the employee was friendly and efficient. The hotel is within walking distance of downtown so it's convenient to restaurants, stores and bars. There is plenty of parking and it's quiet. Replacing the mattress would be nice in room 249 otherwise no complaints.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen L, General Manager at Courtyard Athens Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2017

– Thank you for your wonderful review! I apologize I’m just responding, I’ve just been able to get back into the site. You covered a lot of great areas in your review that other guests will find helpful. We do have several college students who work in our Bistro and Front Desk and it still amazes me the wealth of information they have of things to see and do in Athens! I appreciate the kind comments on how clean the hotel is and how friendly the staff is, we really love what we do so it’s nice that it shows through. I’ve shared your comments with the team and of course they loved them! Please let me know if you’re ever back in the area as I’d love to thank you in person.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I am in Athens weekly for work and although I have tried other hotels I have always come back to the Courtyard. The location is good and the service and friendliness of the staff can't be beat. There is a small cafe in the hotel so if I want a glass of wine or a snack it is available. I wouldn't make that my first choice for dining, though. If you want a mini fridge or microwave in your room just ask and they will bring them up to you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

WOW – Thank you for your wonderful review! I apologize I’m just responding, I’ve just been able to get back into the site. You covered a lot of great areas in your review that other guests will find helpful. We do have several college students who work in our Bistro and Front Desk and it still amazes me the wealth of information they have of things to see and do in Athens! I appreciate the kind comments on how clean the hotel is and how friendly the staff is, we really love what we do so it’s nice that it shows through. I’ve shared your comments with the team and of course they loved them! Please stop by the front desk on your next visit I’d like to thank you in person.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The downtown Marriott is a great hotel for visiting Athens, Georgia. Our room (with a double bed) was spacious. The hotel added a microwave at our request. The location is within walking distance of the University of Georgia. There is a Starbucks on site. The staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: It is tricky entering and existing Fently Street. Left turns out and in are prohibited, perhaps because of accidents. (There is no light.) Better to enter and exit from the next intersection, at Newton Street, which is controlled by a light.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review! I apologize I’m just responding, I’ve just been able to get back into the site. You covered a lot of great areas in your review that other guests will find helpful. We do have several college students who work in our Bistro and Front Desk and it still amazes me the wealth of information they have of things to see and do in Athens! I appreciate the kind comments on how clean the hotel is and how friendly the staff is, we really love what we do so it’s nice that it shows through. I’ve shared your comments with the team and of course they loved them! Please on your next stay stop by the desk I’d like to thank you in person.