“Good Place”

Best Western Athens
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Athens
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This hotel was o.k. One room had a bit of an odor. We booked four rooms, others were clean. One room had only one washcloth and one bed in another didn't have a sheet. It's a fairly good mid-level motel. Nothing special but not a dump.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for sharing Lynn S! I hope that you and your friends had a good experience at our property. As you mentioned we are a mid-market hotel, that offers very competitive rates. We strive to be the best value in Athens (as we've been rated on TripAdvisor best value), while offering a clean and comfortable environment. If you ever need anything, feel free to give us a call! Thank you for the review! 706-546-7311

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

In town for business and was told to stay here because of cost savings. That is always a warning sign right? It is a typical hotel frequented by folks on a budget and construction workers. Probably great for a game day flop but....

Anyway. It's beat up a bit but the bed was VERY comfortable which surprised me, and the water was always hot. The breakfast did not have a lot of selections and space is very limited but the waffles were tasty. I wish it were closer to downtown so I could walk but it's not very safe considering what you have to walk through to get there (housing projects), but overall not bad. I would stay here again

• Stayed: March 2014
11045, Owner at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Thank you for sharing Billy M! I am glad to hear that you had a good night's rest in our beds. We have recently upgraded our mattress pads to provide guests with even more comfort- we have been getting great comments about them, similar to yours! I appreciate you staying with us, and let us know if we can ever assist you in any way. Thanks! 706-546-7311.

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

I would stay here again because of the comfortable beds, and clean rooms. The only draw back was one entry way into the motel,which was the case in February when I stayed here.They are doing some remodeling so maybe that'll change.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for posting to our page NateB4! I am glad to hear that you were comfortable during your stay. As you mentioned we do only have the one way in and out (for security purposes), but that will be changing soon with the remodel we will be having soon. Instead of entering on Milledge Avenue, our main entrance will be on Broad Street for the time being during our remodel. Hope to see you again, and keep an eye out for new things here at Best Western Athens! 706-546-7311.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed at this Best Western a while back, and was stopping through Athens with my daughters on our way to Florida for Spring Break. I chose to stay again because of the great experience I had last time! The staff here is second to none, rooms are clean, and most importantly, I am able to bring my daughters somewhere I feel safe. The rates are very competitive and allow us to stay within our travel budget. That being said, I highly recommend this property for any traveler that is needing a clean/comfy place at a reasonable price!

Room Tip: Call ahead, and mention you've been there before. They were able to pull up my information from...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

I am so glad that you and your daughters enjoyed your most recent stay with us TNtravelinglady! Being a family friendly option that offers clean and comfort at an affordable price is who we are. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and hope you and your girls had an adventurous spring break in Florida! Call us if you should need anything at all! 706-546-7311.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Best Western in Athens. It was accessible, clean and the staff was both professional and friendly. Additionally, they were very helpful. The hotel is near the Varsity and other conveniences. Fantastic group of employees, I think they all deserve a raise!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
11045, Owner at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for sharing Pamela E! Being a clean and comfortable option at an affordable price in the Athens area is what we strive to offer consumers on a daily basis. It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed interacting with our team during your stay- I will be sure to share your review with them! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our accommodations and I hope your time spent in Athens was enjoyable!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I'll be returning when i am near the area. I've stayed here many times as they are so polite and accomodating. Any issue is addressed immediately and professionally. I wanted to share so more can find this little gem

1  Thank fire7rayne
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

I am pleased to hear that you had yet another great stay fire7rayne! Like you mentioned in your contribution, providing our guests with superior customer service is something we take great pride in. Should you need anything at all, just give us a call! 706-546-7311

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were touring colleges and this was one stop among many. The location was very convenient to the college. They had small beds but definitely the most comfortable of the 5 hotels we stayed in. The layout of the hotel made it a bit noisy but things quieted down after 8 so it was fine.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank HamFam66
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for your contribution to our page HamFam66! I hope that you all enjoyed touring the University of Georgia, and were able to see what Athens has to offer a prospective student. So glad you enjoyed our beds, and we hope to see you all again if your child chooses to attend UGA! Let us know if you need anything! 706-546-7311.