“Great value.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Williamson, Georgia
“Great value.”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Our room was very clean and large and all the staff were friendly and helpful. Our usual place was booked up and we chose Best Western because of the great Trip Advisor reviews. The location is convenient. We were very pleased and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for your contribution to our TripAdvisor page Patricia D! Being a clean and customer savvy property is something that our staff takes pride in providing. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again in the future! Let us know if you should ever need anything. 706-546-7311.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed January 25, 2014

here now with high schoolers for JanFest, the huge UGA high school honor band. I admit I was a little skeptical when we checked in but after being here just a few minutes I could tell that the property was clean and safe. (Important when traveling with your child and others.) I would not hesitate to recommend this property to anyone traveling on a budget looking for clean and safe. And the free continental breakfast is a plus for teens too!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
So glad that you and your students enjoyed staying with us for the Janfest competition Rcraw45425! As you mentioned in your post, our #1 priority is to offer a clean, safe and comfortable environment that is competitively priced. This is especially important when traveling with young teenagers like you said. I appreciate your review, and any recommendations that you give to anyone that is coming to the Athens area. If there is anything we can help you with in the future please let us know! 706-546-7311.
Athens, United States
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We use this motel as often as the price and quality are acceptable to us. When it isn't we stay in surrounding towns. This location is pretty good and if I choose to, I can walk to Sanford Stadium and the UGA campus. Sometimes I walk into the downtown area of Athens to enjoy the various sights and storesa and restaurants. The staff are usually nice and very willing to help when needed. I have had minor issues with the house keeping and a few things they might overlook, but over many years I have found them as good as any other motel or hotel that I have used in any town.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Harold R
11045, Owner at Best Western Athens, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us Harold R, and greatly appreciate your patronage throughout the years. Like you mentioned, we also believe that our location is one of the many strengths of our property. Being so close to all of the area attractions is a plus for our guests. Thank you for the comments regarding our staff, I will be sure to pass your contribution along to them. Next time you are headed to the Athens area, be sure to give us a call!706-546-7311. Thanks again!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed at the Best Western - Athens over the New Year holidays. Excellent property, great location near campus, and overall a very nice stay. The rooms were very clean and average sized. Beds were comfortable and the room was quiet, despite New Years activities going on around us. Service was friendly as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ready4FunGA
11045, General Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for sharing Ready4FunGA! I am pleased to hear that you all enjoyed your stay with us. Our beds are something we take pride in, and a common positive comment that we get about our property. Hopefully your group of friends/family brought in 2014 with a bang (while not having too much fun, of course!). Again, thank you for the review, I will be sure to pass it along to my entire staff. Give us a call! 706-546-7311.
Athens, United States
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was a good place to stay with my dog. The room was simple and clean, the nightly rate for the dog was $10/night which was the best rate I found in town for pets. Would recommend it for anyone needing accommodations when traveling with a pet.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Doreen Y
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay Doreen Y! Hopefully your fury friend enjoyed this visit as well. Being a pet friendly option in Athens that offers a comfortable environment is what we strive to offer all travelers- while not charging an excessive pet fee like many properties do. Thank you for the review, and I hope the rest of your vacation was enjoyable. Call us for anything! 706-546-7311
Lancaster, South Carolina
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Got to give a shout out to the Best Western in Athens, GA. Just a brisk walk from downtown Athens and the University of Georgia, this BW covers all of the bases. Super friendly staff, very clean rooms, safe area -- just a fine, reasonable place to stay. If you're looking for a safe, clean hotel in a good location: This is it.

Be safe out there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Larry S
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
I am excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us Larry S! As you mentioned, we are right on the cusp of downtown Athens, yet far enough away to escape the hustle and bustle that the Athens scene can have on big weekends. Having a top-notch staff that offers a clean and comfortable place to stay at a competitive price is something we take pride in. Thank you for staying- hope to see you again soon!
Greenville, Alabama
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My family and I had to visit the Athens area due to a death in the family. Since I have a Best Western Rewards card it is the first hotel that I began looking for. I will be honest and say that I was a little concerned when I drove up and saw that the entrance to my room would be an outside door. I normally look for hotels that have a access to the rooms only once you are inside the main building. After checking in and meeting staff this was no longer a concern for me. I felt completely safe and at ease at this hotel. The staff at this location was wonderful. I will stay here again if I ever visit Athens again. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms most convient as I did not notice an elevator