Best Western Athens
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Holiday Inn Athens-University Area(Athens)(Great Value!)
$89
$144
$141
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnew buildingroom was cleanin townseveral yearswould stay againenjoyed my staydowntown areauga campusvarsityernestopetsgeorgiaratescollegehurricaneconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We went over to Athens for a Football game at the last minute. The Best Western came open late on Friday night. We booked it after reading Tripadvisor reviews. The Motel is simple but very clean. The location is the key. We walked 15 mins to Sanford stadium, then 12 mins to Downtown and finally, 10 mins to our Motel. We saw a game, ate dinner Downtown and stopped for drinks before walking back. We never had to drive or try to take a Taxi. If you wish to stay central to Athens, this is a great bet.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Glad you chose to stay with us James H! I hope you had fun at the football game, and that you enjoyed the downtown Athens scene. We too feel our location is a plus. Being central to most everything in Athens is a key, like you said, and something our customers can use to their advantage. Thank you for staying with on your football weekend- we hope to see you again in the future! Call us for anything you might need! 706-546-7311.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have stayed at this Best Western many times and will do so again. The staff is friendly and welcoming, and Julian went way out of his way to accommodate and assist me with a minor issue (some tv channels had no sound). The room was very clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Glad you enjoyed yet another stay Kathleen S! I am pleased to hear that Julian was able to assist you with your T.V. situation- I will be sure to pass your comments along to him. Cleanliness is a priority here at Best Western Athens, and something my staff takes great pride in. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to town, please give us a call should you need anything! 706-546-7311. See you soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The room was large, and had a fridge and a microwave. There is no elevator, and there are two floors. The clientel is not high class. Location is very good for the University. The free breakfast was pretty good. Overall, a pretty good experiance for someone interested to get maximum value for your money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

We appreciate your comments Joel W! It is our opinion that all rooms in today's market should include a fridge/microwave combo, as all of rooms do. People always ask "is it extra for a room with these appliances" and the answer is "no!" Being close to everything in Athens is a plus for guests that stay with us, as well as having a FREE breakfast every morning. Give us a call if necessary! 706-546-7311.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I am always looking for a good night sleep when traveling. This Best Western wasn't appealing from the outside but I had read that the rooms were clean. I agree. The sheets had no signs of wear and tear and very clean. The double beds were firm allowing for a good night's rest.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheri B
11045, Owner at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for your contribution Sheri B! I am glad you had a good night's rest, while enjoying our bedding and linens. You mentioned our cleanliness- this is something I stress to my entire team. As a frequent traveler myself, I am always looking for a property that offers both value and cleanliness. This is what we constantly strive to offer our guests. Call should you ever need anything. 706-546-7311. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Very clean rooms. The staff was very nice. Our rooms were ready early and they let us check out late without a fee. Great location. You can walk to downtown food and shops. I would stay there again without hesitation. Beds were a bit too soft for my taste, but I like a firm bed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank disneyfanatic_10
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us disneyfanatic_10! As you mentioned, our staff takes pride in providing guests with a quality hospitality experience- treating people like we would expect to be treated is the only way we know how in customer service. Let us know if you need anything, have a nice day! 706-546-7311.