“Home away from home...” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Athens, Georgia
“Home away from home...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stay here almost every time we are in Athens unless staying with friends else where and we are always treated like family, the rooms are always spotless and from year to year it is obvious the owners are reinvesting in the property by upgrades. NEVER a bad experience and always our first choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for the review Teri C, it has been a pleasure to have you over the years, Like you mentioned, we are constantly trying to upgrade and maintain our property on a daily basis- all in an effort to give our customers a satisfying experience. Hope you are having a great football season, and we will see you soon! 706-546-7311.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Hebrew first
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

FORGET THIS PLACE...unless you want a reasonably priced, clean, convenient overnight stay with a good breakfast. Nothing to brag about, but nothing to complain about either. Just what we needed. We were there on a non-football weekend and were pleased in every way. We walked over to the "Why is this place so famous?" restaurant and were a bit disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Love the review ForgetThisPlace. I actually had to do a double take upon reading your opening phrase! It thrills me to hear you enjoyed your stay, and mention the words "reasonable and clean" in your comment. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Have a great day! 706-546-7311.
Deland Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Good area to be if you want to party with the Bull Dogs,located just down the street from down town where all the pubs, like I said, party time, place comes alive when football game is there.book early, good rooms, walking distance to bars, food, service was good,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Glad you enjoyed staying with us scootert2. You are exactly right, with football season now in full swing, Athens certainly does come alive- especially on Football Saturdays! Having the downtown district minutes away, like you mentioned, is a huge plus for our customers. We appreciate your review, and hope to see you again. Call us should you need anything. 706-546-7311 -Tripp Moore
Montgomery, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have been in the hospitality industry for over 20 years and worked every position from property manager, corporate auditor, to travel agent and was discussed with the runaround I received from this property. I booked the property when I first got the news that my college team would be playing in Athens. I booked rooms for my self and my tailgate group (7 rooms) 10 months prior. As the August date approached my group canceled and dropped off for several reason, so I informed the hotel several weeks prior to change my reservations from 7 rooms to 1 so the other 6 rooms could be put back into inventory and sold (and at a higher rate). Upon arrival I was upset to hear my reservation had been canceled mot because of an error but because an hour before at 9pm because my credit card expiration date had expired in the 10 months since the reservation had been made. I was not aware of this and it was not mentioned to me when I canceled the other reservations. I explained the reason I was late due to a multiple car wreck on the road to the hotel which delayed my arrival. I asked if they still has rooms available and was told they did and I saw several people walk in and rent rooms (without reservations) while I waited in line for service. The room I was offered was twice my original booking price and I had to stay a minimum of two nights. I asked if an exception could be made since I had dealt with this property in good faith a booking and canceling the extra rooms as soon as I knew my friends would not be using them. The clerk Hunter was professional but he could not make that exception. So I asked for him to call his manager. I explained that not only that I worked for Auto Club South as a training manager and ACS’s preferred hotel chain is Best Western but I am also a BW Gold Crown member with 99 BW hotel nights in the past 4 years. The assistant manager Kara instructed the clerk to turn me away. As you can tell this property has little value for its customers beyond how much money it can make off of them. I am only making this review at this time because I feared reprisal from my job for putting in a public negative review on our preferred hotel chain but now I have changed employers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
EagleMapper-
I am very puzzled upon reading your review. When did you actually stay with us? You mentioned names of employees that have not been here in over 2+ years! Your review just doesn't reflect our current property. Since you have stayed (however long ago), we have changed management, done major renovations, changed policies, etc. To give us a poor rating on our TripAdvisor page at such a later date, just confuses me. I truly feel that you cannot accurately review our property based on your stay that was in the distant past. If you feel led to, please contact me directly at 706-546-7311. My name is Tripp, and I would love to talk with you personally about your stay.
Louisville, Kentucky, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We arrived late and had no problems checking in. The room was clean and well appointed. During our 2 day stay we encountered not problems. Have stayed here in the past as my daughter and her family live here. They have upgraded the rooms since our last visit in 2012 and have done a great job. This is my go to choice, reasonably priced, clean and in a central location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your contribution! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and pleased to hear that you like our latest upgrades. We hope that you had fun on your visit to Athens, while celebrating your grandson's 1st birthday! Hope to see you again! 706-546-7311.
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This Best Western fills up quickly probably due to the reasonable rates and nice clean rooms. The king size bed was great and the flat screen TV had many cable selections. A microwave and refrigerator are also in the rooms. One nice touch was a recharging station by the bed for cellphones, laptops, etc. Bathtub was pretty slippery...be careful! Breakfast area had nice selection but no attention from an employee during our 20 minute visit. So garbage can was overflowing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your contribution SavannahBill! You mentioned two key things that we strive to offer all of our customers- a comfortable/clean room at an affordable price! I am obviously a little biased towards our property but we strongly feel consumers can't go wrong with our product because of the value we offer. Glad you liked the plug-in we added next to the beds, those are fairly new and have garnered positive comments. Thanks again for your review, we hope to see you on your next visit to town! 706-546-7311.
Tallahassee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very central location in Athens, Ga with easy access to everything. Very comfortable and clean rooms, great Free breakfast every morning, swimming pool, great and friendly staff from check in to room housekeepers. Will definitely stay here again in the future when in Athens. Recommend advance booking as they fill up almost every night!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Richard H, we appreciate your review! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay while in Athens, and that our team made your stay a comfortable one. I will be sure to pass your comments along to my fellow staff members. Should you need anything, be sure to give us a call! 706-546-7311.