“great place in Athens”

GreenLeadersGold level
Charlotte, United States
“great place in Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

have stayed for work more than once, and will return. Front desk staff is always helpful and makes me feel appreciated as a customer. They try to accommodate requests. Parking lot could be a little bigger, but rooms are great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Cameron W
11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thrilled to hear that you have chosen us on more than one occasion Cameron W! We take pride in our service, and a response like yours couldn't make me happier! We hope to see you next time you are in Athens. Should you need anything, don't hesitate to call 706-546-7311.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hebrew first
Gaithersburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

All of the Gentlemen who work there are wonderful and very courteous. We really appreciate the servant behavior and not the "what do you want" behavior. The beds were amazing - comfortable, 3 pillows, clean - great night sleep

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Theresa T
11045, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I will be sure to share your review with our entire staff Theresa T! The "how may I help you" attitude is something we demand out of our employees, over the "what do you want" philosophy. It thrills me to hear that our team made you feel at home. We will see you next time! 706-546-7311.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this property July 13 & 14, 2013. I had read some negative reviews and had some reservations. I was relieved to learn that the reviews had no merit. This is the first time we have been to Athens and the stay was wonderful. The room was clean, a/c worked great, lots of hot water, and extremely pleasant personnel. We brought our puppy on his first trip and the staff loved him. We will stay here again the next time we are in Athens. Tripp was especially cordial and nice and definitely an asset to the property.

Room Tip: I preferred the downstairs rooms so that we could drive up and have easy access for the puppy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KForet_Terrytown
11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for the response KForet_Terrytown! I am pleased to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay. If my memory serves correct, you all were here for the UGA Veterinary School? Sorry if I'm mistaken! Again, we appreciate your business and hope to see you the next time you all come to town. Let us know if you need anything. 706-546-7311.
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Really great. The rooms were spotless! Nice easy checkout. Good fresh fruits and cereals for breakfast. I was so impressed with the cleanliness. I always appreciate an clean room. My smoke alarm went off three times. They couldn't replace it so they took it down. I'm sure it has already been replaced. They seemed very capable and willing to please customers.

• Stayed June 2013
11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay KansasLoveBirdBlog! Your review hits on what we strive to offer- cleanliness, value and customer service. Offering all of this at an affordable price is what Best Western Athens is all about. Thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again soon! 706-546-7311.
Newnan, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel for the past four years while attending Annual Conference. It is across the street from the Varsity, next door to Shanes Rib Shack and a couple of other restaurants. The rooms are well appointed and everything worked as it should. Parking is a little crowded but is free. The breakfast area is on the small side but the food selection was fine. Also, walking distance to downtown is @.5miles if you want to walk. Already planning on staying again next year.

Room Tip: The hotel has two buildings, if swimming is of interest ask to be in the main building.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We appreciate the positive remarks rabh_024! I hope the Methodist Conference this year was a success, and that you all enjoyed your time in Athens. Being conveniently located in town like we are is a huge plus for guests, and having the Varsity restaurant right across the street is a treat for everyone (myself included!). I am glad to hear that you have come here for the past couple years- we look forward to having you again next year. Be sure to call ahead, as the conference sells us out far in advance, Thank you, see you soon. 706-546-7311.
Holbrook, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western due to our dog having brain surgery at the University of Georgia. It was close by and a great deal. The rooms are clean and the complimentary breakfast included waffles, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereal, toast, mini muffins and beverages. We originally picked Best Western as it was one of the few hotels that had wired internet which I needed for work. I was able to work from the hotel during our wait. Unfortunately, we had to find another hotel, as our dog needed to stay longer than expected and the Best Western was full. When we were able to come back, we couldn't find a room where the wired access worked. Ernesto was very patient. He let us try multiple rooms until we found one that worked. Thus I was able to dial in to work again. In fact, all that worked there were very nice and friendly.The only problem I have is that when we extended our first stay one day, I asked if it was to be at my current rate. I was told yes. When we got the bill, we were charged an additional $30+ a night. We don't think we should have to pay the extra amount.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
11045, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing bnightbird! I hope your dog's surgery went well. We have people come from all over the country for the UGA vet school, so rest assured that your pet was in the best hands possible. I do apologize that we were booked up towards the end of your stay. The annual Methodist Conference was in town that week, and it sells all of Athens out months in advance. I am so glad to hear that Ernesto was able to assist you, and will be sure to share your review with him. See you next time! Call if you should need anything. 706-546-7311.
Eden, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

The room was actually fairly nice with a flat screen mounted on the wall (don't see that often) but very limited channel lineup. The room was a little small. One of the nicest things was the bathroom door opened against the wall not the tub--that makes for more room. My issues were with the clerk who checked me in and checked me out. He never once smiled nor welcomed me nor asked how my stay was. I don't know if that was because I was Corporate Lodging or what but I was definitely not welcomed. The very nice young lady whom he was training was very nice and smiled and said have a nice day. He informed me because of the rate I probably wouldn't get my points and that surprised me because Best Westerns usually always, always give points. It's one of the reasons I choose to stay at Best Westerns every chance I get. When he learns to treat all guests with respect and a smile the place is fairly nice although not for multiple nights stay. Oh and I had made reservations for a king on the ground floor due to no elevator. When I checked in he said I only have one left...I had a reservation there should have been one regardless. I was over 300 miles from home and been driving for hours. And common sense if a person asked for ground floor due to no elevator it's for ease of access. My room was at the end and I still had to step up to get to it. I am not a spring chicken -- the parking lot was empty pretty much. He didn't like me because I am CLC period. Discrimination.

Room Tip: If you are physically challenged make sure you tell the front desk--they don't understand (or th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for the contribution to our page sat1922. We have just recently mounted our flat screen televisions on the walls of our rooms to provide our guests with more counter space. This has gotten positive reviews thus far. We are thrilled that you chose our hotel since you are a CLC customer. CLC is a great asset that we use, as they give us business throughout the year. I am sorry that you felt our service could have been better. We hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future.