“Great Bar”
Review of Speakeasy - CLOSED

Speakeasy
Description: Globally-inspired southern cuisine, classic and forward-thinking drinks, critically-acclaimed desserts, art
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Dan, our mixologist for the evening, was fabulous (best Old Fashioned I've had anywhere). The Duck BBQ was out of this world and the ambiance was so cool. I'm in love. Will go back for sure.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

A friend recommended Speakeasy Restaurant on our most recent trip to Athens, GA. My husband and I had a wonderful experience.

We each ordered cocktails which were delicious. My husband ordered an old fashioned and I ordered a Georgia Peach martini. Both drinks were out of this world.

Our server was very pleasant. She coursed out our food perfectly. As soon as we were done with our first course and the plates were cleared, our second course arrived at the table. She was very attentive and made some great recommendations.

Upon our servers recommendations, we ordered the spinach dip and fried asparagus. I have tried many spinach dips before, but this is by far the best spinach dip I have ever eaten. We also ordered the BBQ duck and risotto. Everything we ordered was amazing. My husband and I both agreed that it was one of the best meals we have ever had!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Tapas portions in a variety of food styles. Foodies will love this little place. Great for a date night!

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I'm so glad we chose the Speakeasy {tapas bar} for my child's graduation dinner. It was a second choice, as the first was booked up, but I'm happy it turned out this way! We loved all of our "small bites," which weren't really that small - the gruyere fondue was creamy and delicious, the tenderloin kebabs TOTALLY lived up to their name. We had a lot more than that, and it was all scrumptious. Six people were very well fed, and all for $150, including the tip! Thanks, Speakeasy, for making my child's graduation dinner AWESOME!

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We went with friends and had a great time. The menu is varied and interesting, and allows you to try a variety of different dishes. All in all, a great experience.