“Do not stay here”

Georgia Gameday Center
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Please do not stay here if you plan on cooking in the room that has a fully furnish kitchen cause if the odor lingers into the hallway and they can smell it they will automatic bill your room $500.00 dollars.They say they have a smoke free policy not an odor free policy so I was billed $500.00 cause they say my room had an odor coming from it.I was not giving a warning about it or nothing they knocked on my door and stated to me that they was billing my card $500.00 dollars.When I went to the front desk to let them know that I didn't know about the odor in the hallway was disturbing to guest on the floor where we was the only one on there they was not kind and didn't try to give me the opportunity to correct it.like I told them I don't think its fair to automatic bill me for something I didn't know about

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank qwik2kick

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This place is a Bull Dogs Fan’s ultimate dream. Every square inch of the place is UGA Bull Dogs branded. It’s much nicer than most of the hotels in the Athens area. And thankfully they do not rent to locals or students. Room Décor is strictly Red, Black and White with a touch of Bull Daw! Kitchen was clean and stocked with every kitchen item you may need. Bedroom was a bit on the small size, but clean and comfortable. One of the bedrooms had a nice patio. My only complaint (and the reason this review is Average and not Very Good) was the bathrooms. We had a two bedroom two bath unit and both bathroom toilets were in serious need of scrubbing. Also, if the builders were going to choose white tile and grout in the bathrooms/kitchen area, then onsite staff needs to make a better effort to keep it looking clean. If it was only one toilet I would say it was a fluke but because both bathrooms were in the same condition, this is clearly an ongoing issue with the quality of housekeeping and maintenance. The front desk staff was helpful and very friendly and they made check in and out a breeze. Center as well as the parking is very secure. Over all a nice experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank S G
Reviewed March 31, 2012

The women at the front desk, especially Rebecca, are just wonderful! She was very helpful with parking and finding my party! She has a great professional attitude and always greats the customers with a smile on her face. I reccomend the rooms on the west side, x01-x11. The view is better and the patios are larger. I enjoyed my mother's room, 707 the best. Nicely decorated and not as dark as the other three rooms my party shared.

Room Tip: Again, the west side is better rooms 01-011
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ncwsalemLO
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We stayed here for a wedding weekend in Athens in October. We were told that our unit on the second floor was the "best in the building" and was apparently the only one with a kingsized bed. It did provide the space we needed but honestly, was the darkest apartment/hotel room we have ever seen! In a two bedroom, two bath unit, with a living area, there is only one window in the entire space and that's in the master bedroom. Otherwise, all you have is red and black (EVERYTHING is red and black) which are dark colors and seem to absorb any natural light that filters in from that one small window. It just was not a place we wanted to spend time. We even went somewhere else to watch football on TV. I wouldn't stay there again but if you do, I would recommend asking for a unit with more windows.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit that has more than one window!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lovetotravelofcourse
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This was stop #3 on our honeymoon. We choose this spot because my new husband is a huge UGA fan. He loved it! We had a 1 bedroom 2 bathroom unit. Had everything we needed, a dvd player, refrigerator, microwave, stove, oven, dishwasher, disposal, even a washer and dryer. The sofa in the living room had a pull out so more than 2 people could share this unit. However the bed in the bedroom was only a full size, no choice but to cuddle. The entire facility was spotless and quiet. It is very secure, must have a room key to enter any door into the place or enter the parking garage. You have an assigned parking space so no fights for parking. Only issue was it was really confusing as to where to park during check in. It is in a great location right downtown close to everything.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katiespassion10
Reviewed August 3, 2011

For my wedding this past June my wife and I blocked rooms at Hotel Indigo and Gameday. If you are traveling to Athens and only need one standard size room, I recommend Indigo. If you are traveling to Athens and have friends or family with you, make sure that you go Gameday. I had all of my aunts, uncles and cousins stay at Gameday so they could each have their own bedroom but not have to pay the price of 2 or 3 rooms. I also had my college buddies stay at Gameday so that they could have privacy with their girlfriends, have the benefit of seperate bathrooms, save money, and stay close to all the action.

Each room is decorated differently - some have a nicer couch, some have a bigger kitchen, some have a 60 inch plus TV - so make sure you stipulate what you want when booking!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank broyer1
Reviewed July 9, 2011

You can't beat the location. Just down from the Georgia Theater and the rest that amazing downtown Athens has to offer. Where else can you get a UGA themed 3 bedroom "condo" in downtown Athens? Each time we do our boys weekend, we stay here. This will continue into the future. I recommend this above all others.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends