“Mama's Boy A Hit with the entire Family”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mama's Boy

Mama's Boy
Ranked #1 of 413 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Athens, Georgia
“Mama's Boy A Hit with the entire Family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Mama's Boy has it all - great brunch items, family atmosphere, and bang for the buck. I had one of the breakfast platters and it was more than enough with the huge biscuits and jelly. Lots of friendly faces and helpful staff.

• Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yuck!!!!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I know the rule in GA.... No bare hands on foods... Yet the staff here don't seem to care... They touch, finger, and manipulate your food with filthy hands.... Wiping their wet hoppy hands onto soiled wet food debris encrusted rags.... Yummy!!!! I love filth brig introduced to my food.....

I may go back.... That is if I want Norivirus or some fecal bacteria such as Shigella

Just wash your hands and use gloves or utensils.... Quit cutting cirners

“Great brunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I went with a friend and we split the French toast appetizer and it was delicious! The nuts and cream it came with where Devine! I got the salmon cakes eggs Benedict for my meal and it was an awesome and favorfull twist on one of my favorites! The eggs were cooked perfectly. Topped with an awesome hollandaise sauce and capers (which I normally don't like but they definitely worked here). They came with a side of greens and a biscuit (love their jam!). It was a great day! Left there stuffed! Great service. Very knowledgeable staff.

1 Thank Orange9753
Rural Georgia
“Just didn't get it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Perhaps, it was the flounder sandwich special which led me to be disappointed. It was busy and parking was limited on a Monday at noon. The service was entertaining, well informed, fine and prompt. Maybe another day and a different meal will cause me to rethink my opinion though there are numerous other choices that appeal to me. Given another visit I may change my mind but for now it seems Mama's Boy is thriving on hype not on good food.

Others with me enjoyed it more and had no complaint.

“Yum!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I love this restaurant. They have good juices and all their food was good! They won me over with the york peppermint patty after breakfast.
good atmosphere and good food! Not much more to say! Oh, except you might wanna get there early during football season!! Busy busy busy!!

• Visited June 2013

Been to Mama's Boy? Share your experiences!