“Best BBQ in Athens!”
Review of Weaver D's

Weaver D's
Ranked #38 of 427 Restaurants in Athens
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We ate at Weaver D's for the first time after living in Athens area for almost 2 years...could have had so many good meals. Best BBQ I have had since I moved to the South! Small local country place. If you don't like down home country cookin' than stick to your chain restaurants and leave the best for the rest of us! We will go back again and again. Had the BBQ Pork.

1  Thank Dave C

Reviewed June 20, 2012

It was my first time there, and I needed a minute to order and I felt rushed.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

That's what you'll hear when you make it to the front of the line and owner Dexter Weaver takes your order--quickly I will add. Fried chicken is fantastic, some of the best you will ever put in your mouth and the sides are all real soul food: beans, greens, mac & cheese, and sweet potato souffle to die for (if you buy his cookbook, you can try to replicate at home, but why bother?). "Automatic (for the People)" is Dexter's slogan and ended up as an album title (REM) in the 1990's which has made Weaver D's an icon for fans who flock to it from all over the world, but locals pack the place every day. It's a funky place next to the N. Oconee River and Greenway. Go early, around 11:30 am, to get a good seat and enjoy!

1  Thank Lucia48
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Soul food at its best! I've eaten at Weaver D's many times because I cannot cook fried chicken better than they can. The vegetables are always cooked the right way & that keep me coming back again and again. The atmosphere is cozy and unique....an experience everyone should have. After all, it's "automatic for the people!"

1  Thank RopeR88
Reviewed February 9, 2012

The food here is fine, but it is difficult to find a table, as the room is very crowded without alot of seating place. If looking for a 'meat and 3' type restaurants, there are better choices available in Athens.