Hilton Garden Inn Athens Downtown
Holiday Inn Athens-University Area(Athens)(Great Value!)
$91
$108
HIExpress.com
Hampton Inn Athens(Athens)(Great Value!)
$119
$139
$88
$79
BestWestern.com
All reviewsclassic centergreat locationconvention centerwithin walking distanceparking garagedirectly across the streetrestaurants and barsroom was cleannice hotelper daythe hotel staffuga campuscollege townwould stay here againbusiness tripstaff was friendlyfront desk staff
Reviewed October 3, 2009

Right across the street from the Classic Center (Athens' convention center), this mid-price hotel is extremely convenient and a good value for those attending meetings in the heart of Bulldog Country. Athens' attractive and active downtown is adjacent with many restaurants and bars that service the students primary reason for attending UGA -- partying. It is very loud at night, but the hotel was quiet when I was there. The hotel is clean and neat with up-to-date rooms and nice amenities.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
AngSmith, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Athens Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2009

Our housekeeping staff was very appreciative about the mentioning of the cleanliness of our rooms. The entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn takes pride in this property and the service. We value your positive comments about the excellent location of our property in regards to the Classic Center. I personally hope to welcome you back to our property in the future.

Angela Smith

Reviewed May 27, 2009

Stayed at this hotel for three nights on a business trip, and was very pleased.

Staff are exceptionally friendly, warm, engaging, helpful. Everybody seemed to be in a good mood, which is not always the case in my experience.

Location, fantastic. Walk out there door and there are 100 bars/restaurants within 4-5 blocks. Georgia Classic Center convention space right across the street.

Room very clean, etc.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2009

The hotel overall was very clean and new. Our bed linens....even the duvet....smelled like fresh laundry. That is very refreshing to find. I paid for the room in advance so the rate was very good, especially for the great location. The hotel was within walking distance to several restaurants, bars, clubs, shops, etc. My only complaint was that I asked for a later check out time and was told they could only accommodate one more hour....it could be moved from 11AM to noon. There are eight floors of rooms and the parking deck had about five cars in it. Somehow I do not think people were lined up waiting for our room. Beyond that, the visit was great and I would return.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NettlesFan
Reviewed January 26, 2009

This is a fine hotel, but it's nothing amazing. It seems fairly new and it was spotlessly clean, both of which are big pluses. The location is also terrific. It's on the edge of downtown and up a hill from the University of Georgia, so most all Athens attractions are within easy walking distance.

I have no fundamental complaints about the hotel other than its price. I paid $139 (plus tax) and got essentially the same type of room I might find at a top-tier Hampton Inn. (The problem with the Hampton comparison is the huge variety of Hampton Inns --- some are even nicer than this property while others are disastrous.)

I previously stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Athens. It was nice, though obviously older. It also had a less favorable location. I suppose I must conclude that the Athens hotel market is just generally overpriced, without any apparent Priceline.com biddable properties.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ToughCritic36
Reviewed January 20, 2009

I am currently staying the HGI in Athens. Early this morning on the 6th floor, approx. 1:30am a large group of intoxicated loud mouths checked in and proceeded down the halls talking extremely loud and cussing. Around 4am, a group of them in the adjoining room, started arguing and cussing loud again. I called the front desk and security came up. No more than 5 minutes later, they started their rants and cussing again. I called down and security came up to speak with them once again. At 5am I could hear through the paper thin walls the same group of idiots yelling about having a "[-] president" . I called down again and before security could arrive the same unruly group were in the hall yelling about having a picture the "[-]" , which turned out to be Usatoday 1/20/09 paper (Obama on the front page). He continued yelling racial epithets. So before I could get my clothes on they had left the floor. Security arrived and I explained to him exactly what had transpired. He apologized but basically did nothing. They finally gain controlled over themselves and went to sleep. By this time it’s 5:45am and I have to get up at 6am. When I started explaining the issues to the morning front desk crew, they immediately apologized but were shocked when I told them about my civil rights be infringed upon. It dawned on me that the so called security dude had not filled out a report. I do not recommend staying at this hotel. They will allow racist drunks to terrorize the hallways at all hours of the night.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)