“The State Botanical Garden - One Beautiful Place”

State Botanical Garden of Georgia
Ranked #1 of 50 things to do in Athens
More attraction details
Owner description: This 313-acre preserve is used by the University of Georgia as a horticulture laboratory and is open to the public.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Conservatory, which is a large, indoor green area is incredible with its plants and flowers. The rose garden during peak season is lovely. There are miles of wooded trails to walk. My wife and I have enjoyed the gardens for many years. We hope you will enjoy it like we have.

There are newer reviews for State Botanical Garden of Georgia

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went here by myself while my wife was attending business meeting in the area. Really nice gardens, I could imagine what some of the areas look like during their peak season. I took my time walking around looking for photo ops. Will have to return during another time of the year, while on personal time, so my wife can enjoy in person instead of through my pics.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I love The Botanical Gardens. The scenery there is very lovely and is so natural. It is also very peaceful there that one can go there and meditate or just be in a quiet and peaceful natural surrounding to get there thoughts together and unwind.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Beautiful grounds, well maintained, facilities not flashy or crowded. Staff was helpful. Will definitely come back next time we're in Athens!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Super place to take the family or have a picnic. The grounds are great at various times of year and the people running this do a great job.