“Nice”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Peachtree City, GA
“Nice”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Fairly organic, veggie kind of place, but a nice change from burgers. Price is reasonable and dessert offerings (various cakes) looked great!

Visited March 2013

Augusta, Georgia
“I never miss this when I go thru Athens”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Unique and delicious Today I had. Curry spinach and lentil over rice, collards and cheese grits, split pea dal, golden bowl tofu, amaretto peach pie, and vegan brownie to go. Age of Aquarius(5th Dimension) from 1969 and kids with long hair and laid back attitudes. Heaven for a sixty something hippie! Ill be back.

• Visited April 2013
“Grit-nough said”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The golden bowl is my go to favorite. Dahl and cornbread holds a close second. Quirky art on the walls. An Athens original.

Visited March 2013
Dover
“As good as it used to be!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

When I lived in Athens, I ate here all the time, and was excited to finally go back! Not much has changed, and that's a good thing. The Grit does one thing [vegetarian/vegan cuisine] and they do it right. My fiance is a meat-eater and fairly picky, and he thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. He had the grilled cheese [which I have had as well- best anywhere], and I had a veggie quesadilla with black bean chili. For the low prices, you get quite a bit of food! I would recommend any of the quesadillas, the nachos, the burrito, the pasta dish, the grilled cheese, and the bagels! The desserts are great as well, and if it's cold outside, try the hot chocolate. I will say the service could be a bit friendlier, but that is my only criticism.
--If you like the restaurant as much as I do, you can purchase their cookbook online! It's worth it!

• Visited March 2013
Stamford, CT
“Great place for vegetarian lunch”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This restaurant may not be for everyone, but I love places like this; unpretentious with great food and nice wait staff. Eating with a carnivore, a vegan, and a low-fat eating vegetarian, we all found items that we enjoyed on the menu. They even gave me a small side of stir fried vegies with my bagel sandwich when I requested it. The decaf was excellent as well, and the homemade biscuits are yummy. My only complaint was the fruit cup. The fruit was still on the rind, which looked nice but wasn't easy to eat, and the melon was underripe and tasteless.

• Visited March 2013

Been to The Grit? Share your experiences!