“Poor appetizers”

Red Lobster
Ranked #184 of 422 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Ordered calamari appetizer, the majority of the dish consisted of fried brocolli and tomotoes that were dipped in the calamari batter to make it look like you were getting a lot of calamari. When you buy the ultimate feast you now get only one cluster as opposed to two before. If I wanted to have Chinese food I would of gone to a Chinese restaurant. I wanted seafood and I what got was a big disappointment. Our server Sarah was very nice and attentive. My family and I won't be coming back. :/

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We have been avoiding Red Lobster chain in general for the past several years now, but since we had a guest who wanted to go we tried one last time. What a mistake. Although our server Heather was excellent, everything else fell short. Our guest ordered the $15.99 Four Course, and my wife had the "Build Your Own", I had the Fish and Chips - I figured that it would be hard to mess it up, but they did! We started with our salads, which had the appearance of having been poured out of a bag - iceberg with a little sprinkle of red cabbage etc. After our salads here came our entrees right away - mine was a single piece of fried fish and a (small) handful of regular french fries. The batter on the fish was not typical for the dish, and the whole piece was saturated with frying oil making it inedible. Our guest enjoyed his meal, although the portions seem to be getting even smaller, and my wife's meal was OK. The manager swung by to ask how everything was, so we told him about the dismal lunch I received. He asked if he could replace it, but I declined - I have worked in restaurants and know what happens when you send stuff back or complain. He offered to take it off the bill, which he did, but even so the price for the other two meals was $39.02, which is ludicrous for a lunch meal. I wound up having several of the biscuits (RL's only saving grace), but wound up nauseous for the rest of the day from the few greasy bites of fish I tried to choke down. Sorry Red Lobster - never again!

1  Thank GringoLoco2
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We always have a good experience at this location. The staff are very personable and attentive.
We always get gift cards for the in laws for this location they like it so well

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We have not gone to this restaurant for several years because of bad service and food. My wife hurt her finger on the restroom door by a manger opening the door on the other side. Some of the waitresses and the hostess laughed at my wife's pain reaction.

The ONLY reason we went there today is because of the gift card and a doctor's extended stay visit in Athens, GA. I will quote Edgar Allen Poe "NEVER MORE!"

1  Thank SanfordtheAuthor
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This my second review of this establishment and I'm afraid it's worse than the first one. I went for the dueling lobster tails and was very disappointed. The lobster was cooked too long, it was rubbery and very tough. I will have to give them credit though for shrimp/crabmeat stuffing. It was delicious as well as the biscuits. My wife's Caesar salad with shrimp was wilted and limp. We had to ask for croutons as it came with none. It had been left sitting out for too long it seemed. The sitting staff told us 20 minutes but it ended up being over 40 minutes for us to get a table for seven. Poor service and subpar seafood does not make a happy customer.

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!