“A great find”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A great find”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I went here on a recent Saturday night with my UGA daughter and my parents, and only because we couldn't get in to our 1st choice restaurant. We had no trouble getting a table (they have lots of long booths - great for larger groups or small gatherings), restaurant was surprisingly quiet, and service was great. Menu appealed to all three generations in our party, portions were generous and tasty, and servers were friendly and attentive. As nice as this place is, they definitely could charge more. Great value.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ADK28

Canton, Georgia
“Disgusting Food Preparation Staff”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and son and me were in Athens on Thursday, May 9th for my son's graduation and ate lunch at this restaurant. We were referred by Porterhouse Grill because they had stopped serving lunch for the day.

We were seated at table 12/1 at 2:30 to 3:00. Our waiter was great. The food was good; however, my Sweet Georgia Brown was extremely salty. My wife had the special and my son had the East West Hamburger. I did not bring my dissatisfaction to the waiter's attention.

However, the biggest complaint we had was actually regarding one of the kitchen staff members. He was a young white male with brown almost shoulder length hair in the back, wore glasses and wore a black hat. He was on what appeared to be the salad and maybe cold prep side of the kitchen. We watched him through the large open area of the wall. He was observed mixing what appeared to be a salad in a stainless steel bowl with his bare hand. He was also constantly eating food from the food area that he was prepping at. This occurred at least a half dozen times. At one point I observed him carrying the stainless bowl he had just mixed with his bare hands and while walking he stuck his hand in and scooped out a handful of food, leaning over the bowl and eating it. It appeared he was putting the contents onto a plate and it appeared that plate was carried to the table next to us. Not one time did we see him wash his hands or wear gloves. It was pretty disgusting. He then went outside to smoke. This is why I rated the 'Atmosphere' rating as 'Poor'.

I realize that restaurant kitchens often have disgusting things going on but typically they are out of sight from the patrons. This guy was in very plain view and was observed not only by us but also by some of the other restaurant workers.

I sent an e-mail to the manager that evening (from the website) but never got a response back.

• Visited May 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent Food, Service, Value”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stopped in on a quiet night and found a first class restaurant in an interesting historical old building.
Service was very fast, friendly-menu interesting, and the food was perfect. Drinks were strong.
Great value for the money-I'll be back!

Visited May 2013
Lawrence, Kansas
“Good spot for lunch”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

A friend and I had lunch here. There weren't many items on the menu that were accommodating to my allergies. The waitress was friendly and was able to check on the couple of dishes that I was interested in, only to find out I could eat neither of them. So, I was stuck with a salad. The salad was really good, but I wouldn't say that I just have to go back and eat that salad again.

Visited April 2013
“one of the better”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

there are many choices in Athens for good food and this place is one of the better. we enjoy coming in and mixing up some appetizers for the meal. Mary Beth makes a great non-sorority cosmo

Visited February 2013