“Unexpected menu items”
Review of East West Bistro - CLOSED

East West Bistro
Cuisines: Bar, Fusion, Wine Bar, American, International, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Cumming, Georgia, USA
“Unexpected menu items”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The chef definitely mixes up cultures in the food. We were taken here to eat by a friend who had been here before. Not sure what to expect. Tried one of the lunch specials that was a mixture of Asian and Mediterranean cuisine, while my husband had a Bistro Burger. Was rewarded for my adventuress choice with great flavor and almost more food than I could eat.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank MARY W

Bogart, Georgia
“Steady standard.”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Donna, my wife, and I ate here 15 years ago when we first were scouting Athens prior to my attending law school there. Over the years I have eaten there many times, mainly at lunch since I work downtown. The food is very good, imaginative, and uniquely East West. While is not a five star establishment, it is what it says--a bistro and a very good one for a small city.

Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“All-around great food, drinks and service”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The mussels appetizer was delicious and a steal at $12 - it was easily enough for our group of five. Our group also had the halibut special, pesto pasta, salads with chicken and salmon and ramen. Everything was very delicious, but group consensus was that the ramen was the best of the table. It was well-seasoned, the meat was tender and the sauce was very flavorful without being overly soy-tasting or salty. It also came with a yummy house-made habenero hot sauce that packed a good amount of heat.

Beverages were very affordable - $2 Yuengling, $4 Stella, $8 cocktails (though we're from Atlanta, so this could be normal for Athens). We didn't try any desserts.

My only complaint was that my salad came out without its most exciting feature - a ball of fried mango goat cheese - but our server was apologetic and brought it out promptly. And it was worth the wait! You can order the goat cheese separately for $3.50, and it's worth it!

If you're hoping for conversation, it was a little loud in the restaurant. Only one bathroom, and a male companion was nearly vomited on by another patron who was rushing in after him - no fault of the restaurant, obviously, but a hazard of using the restroom on a busy game day.

Visited November 2012
Ocala, Florida
“Nice suprise”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

are just passing through and went downtown for dinner. We picked East West bistro.We were very glad we did. I had the lamb shank and it was perfect. My wife had the bestro salad and it was delicious. The wine list was good and we enjoyed our selection. I would go back again if back in town.

• Visited October 2012
South Georgia
“Another loud restaurant”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The food is very good and has a lovely presentation but it is so dang hard to hear in this establishment that it detracts from the dining experience. I have commented on this problem in other restaurants~Maybe it's just my "hang up" but when I dine I want to relax and having to shout does not constitute relaxing. However, it's a cool looking place and great for people watching!

Visited September 2012