“A little bit of overpriced bad food in a noisy atmosphere”
Review of Five & Ten

Five & Ten
Ranked #20 of 428 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: James Beard Award-winning neighborhood restaurant in Five Points. Serving dinner and Sunday brunch in a beautifully restored historic house. Five & Ten is the flagship restaurant of Chef Hugh Acheson. Since opening in 2000 it has received national acclaim for its ability to present a new turn on southern fare.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

These folks should really be ashamed. I have eaten at all kinds of restaurants and this one really takes the cake. When I ordered the ribeye, I thought it would be a piece of meat. Instead I got about 4 oz of sliced mystery meat that had no taste at all. Never in my life have I felt robbed at a restaurant until I made the mistake of dining here. Needless to say, I won't be back.

2  Thank Rosco C

Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and had our very first date at this restaurant and we continue to go on special occasions. Each time my husband makes a reservation he makes my allergies known, and when we arrive our waiter is ready with suggestions on the menu that would suit, or can be altered to accommodate my food allergies. The service is always "spot on", with nothing lacking. With that being said, the food is heavenly. Be prepared to take your time to savor the flavor and presentation of the magnificent dishes that are served. I absolutely LOVE this place!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I always enjoy wine and food here for special events. The early entrees are great price from 5-6 PM. Wines are great and well selected. They almost always give us a window corner for our anniversaries and other special personal days.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We made dinner reservations for 7pm on Saturday night and arrived just a few minutes before 7. We were warmly greeted by the hostess who said they were running a little behind schedule - no big deal. We grabbed a seat at the bar and had a glass of wine. Lucky for us we were sitting next to one of the restaurant's regulars, Charlie, who thoroughly entertained us with stories about football, Herschel Walker and himself. What a character! Next thing you know, 30 minutes have gone by and the hostess came over to seat us. She apologized for the delay and offered us a complimentary snackie to make up for it. Pimento cheese, please! It was so good!

We had Oysters Rockefeller, pork shoulder and the crispy flounder. Every bite was fresh, delicious and cooked to perfection. The restaurant was packed, and we were happy to have an out of the way table so we didn't have to worry about being bumped into all night. We hear they're moving to a bigger space. No doubt the crowds will follow.

Parking is tricky, so be careful where you park or you might get towed!

As a side note, I have Hugh Acheson's cookbook, A New Turn in the South, and highly recommend it. (Boiled peanut hummus rocks!)

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Really good quality food combined with attentive service made for a very enjoyable evening. We had the charcuterie and cheese selections for starters and thankfully they tasted as good as they looked. Rabbit pappardelle on special was a particular highlight as a main. Not the cheapest place to eat out but we'll definitely be back as this is a class above most other restaurants in Athens (not that we have come across many bad ones)

Been to Five & Ten? Share your experiences!