“Disappointing”
Review of Catch 22 Gastropub

Catch 22 Gastropub
Ranked #24 of 422 Restaurants in Athens
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Service was the only descent thing about Catch 22. Over priced, small portions and horrible quality.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Lots of food but for a reasonable price. Kids menu items come in more or less adult size portions so more food at less cost. They do sandwiches and burgers with just enough spicy kick to them. Wait staff could be a little more attentive but they do know the menu.
Please note there is no alcohol sales on Sundays in Oconee Co, GA

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Over all I would say that Catch 22 is a good addition to the Athens restaurant community. Tom and I have eaten there twice.

On our first visit we had the much talked about burgers. They lived up to expectation.....large, juicy and a great flavor capped off by just the right amount of Sriracha to give a bit of kick. For $10.00 we had the burger and a very good side salad with pecans and crumbled blue cheese. Our waitress was about to have a baby at any moment and still gave excellent service.

Our next visit was not quite as favorable. I ordered the Pastrami sandwich. What I got was some kind of beef, the shaved kind that is served on a Philly Cheese Steak. There was no explanation at all for serving the wrong food which incidentally had little or no flavor. Our waiter on this second visit could have cared less about doing a decent job, It was virtually impossible to catch his eye to even request a water refill.

The restaurant concept is good. I don't drink beer but there are probably 40 varieties to choose from. Tom enjoyed the glass that he got. We also like the communal table idea where we sat for our second visit.

We plan to go back another time to find out which experience we had was the correct one. In any case you won't go wrong by ordering the burger. It's going to be hard to fairly rate the service, food, and value since the two visits were so different.

1  Thank Norma_Atlanta_Ga
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Visited Catch22 on a busy Friday night. Two long communal tables with an aristocratic European banquet style run the middle of the restaurant - good thing because the bar area only sits about 5 people. Great selection of pub fare all served on an English board. No plates to wash in this restaurant. I enjoyed the braised Short Rib with jalapeno pickles, onion, and aged cheddar. My husband had the mushroom ravioli...the pasta tasted homemade. Several people were enjoying the chef surprise - a different dish every time! We laughed as one patron rec'd a large hot dog stuffed with mac and cheese and layers of caramelized onion. That same night we also saw some sort of fish creation that was woofed down in seconds! Skip lunch because you are going to need a big appetite for this place! One note - even though the restaurant was packed, and loud (we like a high energy pub) - the service was still outstanding...my beer glass was never empty. We did get a chance to meet the owner, Richard - same guy who owns Chops and Hops. We will venture over there next!

1  Thank snowless2013
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I went to Catch-22 for lunch on a Saturday. I had the burger and an order of herbed fries. The burger was good, I liked the "bacon jam" and the bun. I only wish the bottom outside of the bun wasn't so greasy.

The herb fries were very good, I am a garlic lover and there was just enough garlic that I am now searching for some breath mints.

Good place to watch the game or hang with friends....nice little outdoors section as well.