“WOW Excellent Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of De Palma's Italian Cafe

De Palma's Italian Cafe
Ranked #6 of 410 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lawrenceville, GA
“WOW Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went for dinner. The inside is nothing to brag about. The service was average. However the waiter recommended a special of the day. It was a lasagna with blackened chicken a white sauce sitting in marinara. When I heard I wasn't certain but once I tasted it I couldn't stop eating it. I would go back for that alone.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Eatonton, Georgia
“de Palma's on Timothy Road”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

de Palma's has three locations in Athens, each with its own flavor and flair. Downtown on Broad Street is the flagship location with the best menu and nicest atmosphere. A true, white table cloth dining establishment. Highly recommended. We dined last evening at the newest location on the west side of Athens off Timothy Road. This location is more suited to families and young people. Outdoor tables for dining or drinking are available. I had lunch here with friends a year ago and it was excellent. Dinner last evening was not as pleasurable an experience. Our server, Beth, was very pleasant and quick to gel us the wine and net specials. A great value on the Chalone Chardonay. My wife had the trout special at $16 and was very pleased. I on the other hand had there pasta with sweet sausage. It was very dry and required additional sauce to even make it palatable. The portion was HUGE. I am not a "to go box" person but I quickly saw there was more left in the bowl than I had eaten. Thus, home for lunch tomorrow. Try them for lunch first. I was pleased with that. We will give them another chance on dinner as their locatin is great relative to shopping on the Wes end of town.

Waynesville, Georgia
“Awesome food and fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

This place has the best food ever. I really enjoyed the warm atmosphere too. The bread sticks are the best I have ever eaten!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Worst pizza margherita ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I didn't think I would ever write a bad review of De Palmas. I usually get the bread sticks with spinach and a salad and I give that dish a 5 star rating. It is consistently good as are some pasta dishes I have had.
However, the kids were in town and we wanted pizza. The pizza margherita was thrown away after we all tried to eat it. It was a very tough, chewy dough with, apparently, some unflavored canned tomatoes put on top. That was about it except for some ungenerous mozzarella portions sparsely placed and some not very flavorful basil. This is one of their specialty pizzas but it was not special at all.

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Not my favorite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This place is not terrible, but it is not my favorite. I feel like the menu is a bit limited and I have had a lot of things from here that are just ok.

Visited September 2012