“Great Game-Day Experience”
Review of Blind Pig Tavern - CLOSED

Blind Pig Tavern
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 25, 2012

If you're in Athens on a Saturday game-day afternoon, there is no better place than The Blind Pig Tavern. Great prices on mug draft refills and a good menu. The tailgate atmosphere all around and fan energy in the place makes the SEC football experience as good as it gets. Even though the place was packed, the great servers managed to keep everyone eating and drinking. Located on campus and near enough to Sanford Stadium for a 15 minute walk each way.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I went there to watch some early day games - noon football when GA was out of town and playing a night game. It was surprisingly empty, with a slow but steady business of people coming in for food rather than sports. Although we stayed for the whole 4+ hour game and were eating food but not drinking, the waitstaff was super friendly and refilled soft drinks and water several times. Queso was good, chips were ok. Hamburger was very good and fries were super good. Tasted the chili (homemade) and it was quite well done.
I will definitely come back here to watch football games. I'm not sure what it's like when GA is playing, but I'm guessing a zoo. I'll probably avoid it then!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Service was great. I ordered the Blind Pig and was pleasantly surprised at the amount of food I received for the price. It tasted amazing. I would eat here again.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is a pretty popular place for UGA students and has a college hangout ambiance. The burgers are great.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Even though I'm not writing about Bar-B-Que this place leaves you feeling high on the hog! Best burgers I've eaten since my Grand Daddy used to pull the big brown grill around to the kitchen stoop and braise the burgers with a stick of butter. I love the Yanni and the Fat Merv. Fries are good but the pasta salad rocks. I love a pitcher of draft or a Wood Pecker Cider with my burgers. Definitely two thumbs up!!!