“Rat Droppings in my Salad.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Last Resort Grill

Last Resort Grill
Ranked #2 of 413 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Duluth, GA
“Rat Droppings in my Salad.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2007

I will let my title say it all. I found Rat Droppings in my Salad. I nearly vomited. I will never go to this dive again. The health dept. has been called.

• Korean first
Athens, GA
“Great food at incredibly low prices for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2007

I visited during lunch and ordered a salmon pasta that tasted amazing and worth triple the price. The pasta was only 7.95, and I was given a generous serving. You also must try the Irish Creme Cheesecake.

Norcross, GA
“Dishonest Billing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2006

18% gratuity was added to our bill. I left an additional tip accidentally. Manager said he would refund this tip the next morning but never did. A 38% tip on our bill was dishonestly accepted. The waiter should have asked if we meant to leave such a large tip with it included in the bill. I would not recommend this restaurant.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Wildly, weirdly popular”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2006

Athens, like most college towns, suffers from a dearth of restaurants where grown-ups (drunken Bulldawg fans excepted) would want to eat. The downtown area is chock-a-block with mediocre restaurants that cater to low expectations. The Last Resort COULD be an exception but the quality of the food is so wildly inconsistent that it's hard to say what kind of meal one will have one day to the next. Granted, I have taken to avoiding the place after having several visits in a row spoiled by things like fish trimmings (bits of skin, scales, bones, etc.) in my "catch in parchment", paper towel in my salad, and so on. But my husband, who has to eat there more frequently because of business lunches, attests that The Last Resort continues to disappoint.
A side note: the latest restaurant venture by the partners who own The Last Resort just failed miserably. As with TLR, the dishes never lived up to their descriptions.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York
“fabulous, excellent, amazing - I'm Moving! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2006

the food, the value, the service, are amazing. Having lunch at The Last Resort earlier this week was an experience, a feast - you must try it.

Been to Last Resort Grill? Share your experiences!