“Great food at incredibly low prices for lunch”
Review of Last Resort Grill

Last Resort Grill
Ranked #1 of 427 Restaurants in Athens
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2007

I visited during lunch and ordered a salmon pasta that tasted amazing and worth triple the price. The pasta was only 7.95, and I was given a generous serving. You also must try the Irish Creme Cheesecake.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,149)

Reviewed September 1, 2006

18% gratuity was added to our bill. I left an additional tip accidentally. Manager said he would refund this tip the next morning but never did. A 38% tip on our bill was dishonestly accepted. The waiter should have asked if we meant to leave such a large tip with it included in the bill. I would not recommend this restaurant.

A TripAdvisor Member
Athens, GA
Reviewed June 8, 2006

Athens, like most college towns, suffers from a dearth of restaurants where grown-ups (drunken Bulldawg fans excepted) would want to eat. The downtown area is chock-a-block with mediocre restaurants that cater to low expectations. The Last Resort COULD be an exception but the quality of the food is so wildly inconsistent that it's hard to say what kind of meal one will have one day to the next. Granted, I have taken to avoiding the place after having several visits in a row spoiled by things like fish trimmings (bits of skin, scales, bones, etc.) in my "catch in parchment", paper towel in my salad, and so on. But my husband, who has to eat there more frequently because of business lunches, attests that The Last Resort continues to disappoint.
A side note: the latest restaurant venture by the partners who own The Last Resort just failed miserably. As with TLR, the dishes never lived up to their descriptions.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 20, 2006

the food, the value, the service, are amazing. Having lunch at The Last Resort earlier this week was an experience, a feast - you must try it.

Reviewed April 10, 2006

I look forward to Sundays because of their fabulous brunch. It's cheap (about $6.50 for a load of food) and has become a favorite of mine since living in Athens. To keep from waiting, either beat the church crowd or go later in the afternoon (I believe they close at 3:00).