“Food is good but cakes are totally calorie worthy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Last Resort Grill

Last Resort Grill
Ranked #2 of 413 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Food is good but cakes are totally calorie worthy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I've dined here several times and found the atmosphere laid back, the service good, and the food consistently above average . It is the cakes, however, that are truly outstanding. They way too delicious for the safety of your waste line .

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Austin, Texas
“Excellent food and service in a historic Athens venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Very interesting menu. Several fish dishes served with cheesy grits, a twist on the Southern favorite shrimp and grits. Daily specials sounded very yummy too. I asked for the crab cake appetizer with some vegetables as a main course and they were more than happy to accommodate me. My dining companions all had salmon. All of the food was excellent although some of it was spicy so if you don't like that be sure to ask. The service was superb. The building was historically a live music venue - very charming. The only negative is that it was quite noisy. We were there on a Friday night so it was packed. The walls are brick which amplifies the sound. I would try to go there on a weekday night next time and hope for a little less noise.

• Visited May 2014
Roseville, California
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was in town with 3 fellow coworkers for one night on business. We asked our hotel staff for recommendations on dinner. The front desk worker immediately pulled out a menu for The Last Resort restaurant. We all took a look at the menu and it looked good so we walked a couple of blocks and although it took asking for directions again, we found the restaurant. We were immediately seated and provided menus and an individual drink menu. They carry a very large variety of beers, mixed drinks and wine so that made me hopeful for the rest of our dinner. I ended up with a beer then a glass of wine. For dinner I ordered the Last Resort Praline and substituted turkey chili in place of a salad. It was quite nice. The wait time for dinner was not bad at all. Once we all received our meals we took one bite and I have never heard as many positive raves about food in my life. All four of us ordered something different and we all couldn't stop singing the praises for the delicious meals we were experiencing! My chicken was extremely tender and just so tasty. After dinner, I was so full, but once our waiter told me about their Kit Kat Cheescake, I knew I had to try it. I was not disappointed at all! It was absolutely delicious!
I hope to go back again and have a repeat of this meal! It is a must do when visiting Athens, GA!!

• Visited May 2014
Kalamazoo, MI
“Save room for dessert!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Good variety of entrees. I don't usually get dessert but the entire table could not pass up the desserts. The coconut cake and caramel cake are wonderful.

Visited April 2014
Concord, North Carolina
“Amazingly good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food is amazing at the Last Resort! When you first look at the menu, you may think the combinations are unusual... well they may be unusual but they taste great.
The service is excellent... Oh and leave some space for homemade dessert!
Our only drawback: It's very noisy. Granted, there is not much they can do: It's a popular restaurant, it's always crowded, and the space is relatively small. Just sometimes the noise level is so much that it's hard to hold a conversation. Other than that.. it would get 5 stars. Food & service are perfect.

• Visited April 2014