“Good food, but small”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Augusta
“Good food, but small”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I enjoyed my dish at the Last Resort, although I should have told them to hold the pork in my pasta. The atmosphere was nice, but the restaurant is really small with tight spaces.

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Cleveland, Georgia
“Wonderful place for dinner with friends”
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Don't let the menu scare you. I had the classic strip steak cooked to perfection while others ordered chicken and fish and grits. The place is tight in space but all five of us ladies enjoyed the service, the food and the atmosphere. I can't wait to take my husband for a treat as well since we are not that far away. Yes i will travel 60 miles to eat there again. Did I mention the wine? Great! I will have a desert to go next time too.

“Great restaurant, great food and service!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I and our three girls ate dinner at the Last Resort in January. It was a wonderful experience for us all! We all loved the food, even our picky 10 year old! And the service was the best and our waiter coildn't have been nicer! Next time we visit Athens we will definitely eat at the Last Resort!!

Dallas, GA
“it really is noisy, be prepared to wait, but food is tasty”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We did "call ahead" several days in advance. They don't take reservations, according to the woman on the phone. We had four people on a Thursday evening at 7:30. When we arrived the hostess said a 10 minute wait. It was actually a 30 minute wait. No one offered a free appetizer, dessert, or anything. Anyhow, it is very loud and noisy, as other reviewers have said; there were several large parties near us. Once we were seated the service was fairly friendly, and speed of food delivery was about right. The food was very tasty and priced OK--entrees from about $15-25. The house-made salad dressing was very good, as was the salmon and grits. I'd skip the desserts--just so-so. I'd go back, but be prepared to wait and have difficulty talking due to the noise level.

• Visited January 2013
Antwerp, Belgium
“Great food, correct pricing, excellent winelist”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very friendly, professional staff. Do not take reservations, so you may have a little waiting time. We went in middle of the week, so straight to the table. Nice atmosphere. All food we had was really good, fish was cooked to perfection. Suggestions brought out by the waiter were spot on what we wanted. Red velvet and chocolate layercake was interesting. Wine list was excellent, with lots of choice from various countries.

• Visited January 2013

Been to Last Resort Grill? Share your experiences!