“Funky little bakery/eatery” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ike and Jane Normaltown Cafe and Bakery
Ranked #3 of 11 Dessert in Athens
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Athens, GA
“Funky little bakery/eatery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

We just love this little neighborhood spot located on the Prince Ave. corridor! We typically stop in for breakfast, so I can't speak for the lunch offerings. I usually get a breakfast bagel, the Everything bagel is the best. They have veg options for the veg-heads, as well as the vegan carrot & zucchini bread which is quite tasty. My husband opted for the blueberry oat bar that was also really good. My daughter always finds herself hypnotized by the eclectic doughnut offerings with a beam of bright light shining on them in the display case. If you bring your own coffee mug you can fill it (and refill it before you leave if dining in) for $1. They recently launched Ike @ Nite, I suspect to cater to the Normal Bar crowd. They offer burgers, dogs, chili & dolla desserts every Thurs.-Sat. from 6-10pm. In fact, if you are at Normal Bar they will even bring your food to you! I had my husband run to get one of the coconut cream pies just last night. One of Athens' best local places hands down.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Glen Ellyn
“Not bad but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

This place was highly rated so we decided to check them out. We had a couple of sandwiches, me the grilled vegi and my husband the roast beef. I would have to say they weren't bad but not great. People rave about the donuts so we bought a couple to eat later on. Like the sandwiches they were OK but not great. It's a cute place inside with a very friendly staff but not worth a rave review

Visited June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Oh my goodness, doughnuts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I highly, highly recommend this bakery to anyone who is feeling adventurous in the doughnut department. The two best I have had here are the chocolate iced with bacon and the strawberry iced with lucky charms. The brunch selection is good, too.

“Donuts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Ike and Jane is a local favorite, and possibly the cutest lil coffee shop in the world. Fresh made donuts every morning, plus breakfast bars, yogurt, juice, sandwiches, lunch options, cookies... On and on. LOVE this place!

• Visited April 2013
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

this place is great! great food, great coffee, great prices! I love eating here, the staff is friendly and fast and the food is always good!